Flying Upside Down

In a nut shell, I’m openly admitting to my hangups and habits. Confession of sorts if you will, I’ve allowed drugs and alcohol to ruin most of my life. And I resent myself for that. Hopefully this forum will opens my eyes to the possibilities of living a full life alcohol and drug free…

6 Likes

Welcome! I hope the same for you. Are your eyes not open? Seems they are as you have seen what is lost. This is an opportunity to open your heart and your mind. Please stay a while!

1 Like

Welcome, this is a good app and there is a lot of information and advice to be found. Use the search bar, read the threads, learn from people’s experiences.
Ask questions, and keep an open mind, be prepared to do anything!

Welcome to the group!

Good morning! Geo thanks for your concern. I’m not focusing so much on where I fell but what caused me to " trip " up!

You might as well forgive yourself. If you can’t then forget it for now and move on. If you are like me you will get better at forgiving your foolish younger self as you get older. We become completely different people and eventually see our old selves with as much compassion as we would normally give another.

It’s good to learn what caused us to live our lives that way. It’s also good to accept that the past is the past and it can’t be changed. However, today can change and if we are fortunate our good actions today will create a better future.

Hello and welcome.

My first suggestion to you is to let go of your resentments…including those to yourself. You can not heal with resentments. Remind yourself that what you did before you did because you were in pain. Love yourself and you will begin to heal.

You can do this!!

1 Like

I’m back. Unfortunately in recovery again. Just need a listening ear as I’m already beating myself up. Help.

2 Likes

Welcome back. We’re here for you.

Thanks! Appreciate you earnestly!