Food and recovery

Cool idea! I’m going to pick that for my morning snack tomorrow.

This may seem like a stupid question, but my drink of choice was vodka, soda with lime. No sugar in it. Now that I have quit, I don’t have any of the sugar cravings everyone talks about. So my question is does the sugar craving come from specific alcohol, like beer and wine, or am i just lucky to not have it?
I used to eat crappy savory foods, fried foods while drinking and hungover. I’m not eating that garbage these days, either.

1 Like

My annoying thing with food was that I constantly would crave things like pizza or chipotle throughout the week, and we would get them for dinner frequently but my drinking schedule had me drunk by dinnertime. So, since I was drunk I wouldn’t remember how it tasted and if I enjoyed it, so it basically felt like I didn’t have it at all, and within a day or two I would be back to craving it like crazy :tired_face: but now I can eat a delicious dinner and since I am sober I fully experience it, and I love it, and I don’t have that problem with constant cravings anymore :raised_hands:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I enjoyed this read.

Sometimes you gotta treat yo self, and replenish and renew. I eat keto, and I’m usually pretty good about sticking too it but sometimes I just gotta have some twizzlers and pizza or Chinese and enjoy.

My regular drink was vodka and diet seven up, I was keto even when I was a drunk.

I didn’t have any sugar cravings my first 6 months or so, but man did they hit me like a dump truck about month 7. And it lasted for awhile. I was eating stuff that I never really even had a taste for just to satisfy the sweet tooth. Thankfully that sweet beast has subsided and I am back to a splurge here and there.

1 Like

I will have to watch out for that, thanks for responding

1 Like