Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

Whipped myself up some homemade creamy broccoli & cheese soup. I must say, it’s pretty darn good for not following a recipe :laughing:

14 Likes

Lazy Sunday morning personal sized frittata. A modified version of one of my favorite Salmon Sisters recipes.

14 Likes

I remember! And I still remember the day around that time that I came out of Cabelas and there was a pickup truck FULL to the brim with carrots. I had a good laugh. I have a pic somewhere

1 Like

I keep meaning to try making a frittata in my cast iron pan. Do find it sticks much? I suppose it depends on how well my pan is seasoned

5 Likes

Following this recipe I have never had it stick! I got this mini cast for Christmas last year and the frittata was the first thing I made when I got it.

5 Likes

This looks delicous :grin:

Is it like a crustless/pastry free quiche ?
I love quiche but not a fan of short crust pastry.

3 Likes

I made that bishhhhh yes :drooling_face: chicken stuffed w spinach and cheese. We ran out of panko bread crumbs so I used crushed corn flakes from raisin Bran mixed w spices (but I think it made it better ). Cheese sauce was made of cream cheese, white spicy Jack cheese, garlic oil, butter and pepper.

16 Likes

So I’m at that part of the month where i have next to no money and need to make dinner…
(We have gone out to eat s few times this month, but most of those bills were low or we were treated, or had a coupon…)
Anyway…
I was going to make a stir fry and some egg drop soup.
Trouble is…i don’t have a protein that the whole house can use (I do have a bag of shrimp, but my son is allergic)
What are some inexpensive protein options that y’all enjoy with vegetable stir fry?

Would you use
Chicken thighs or should I buy one or two chicken breasts and slice them extra thin?

I have to feed 8…

4 Likes

Y’all got a WinCo?

1 Like

I say the breasts and Cut em into lil cubes. Or there’s cheap large bags of frozen breasts

1 Like

Sorry for a third reply but peas are high in protein I think?

1 Like

Cauliflower, Brokkoli and fish :heart:
I ate all of this and that makes me happy, the medication for my back lowers my appetite :weary:

16 Likes

Mmm I think the thighs are cheaper, but the breasts have more meat?
What about some tofu / vegan meat?
Prepared good, it’s tasty.

4 Likes

@HessicaJamilton I don’t have a WinCo. I have Kroger…

@Juli1 vegan meat here is more than regular. I don’t understand why though…

I found some reduced price chicken breast 24oz package for $4.49
($2.99/lb still but less than the other options)

I hope the children will be satisfied with their meal. The eggs were $2.39, oil was $3.39 and veggies were $2.59) so altogether the meal was pretty inexpensive. Whew. :blush:

6 Likes

:pray:t2: Glad you found something.
Don’t forget your portion.

Ok in germany it depends, but plane tofu has a good price.

I think oats are very cheap but healthy and filling too. And you can have so many several things with it. Not only porridge or overnight oats.

In a spicy version its very good for patties. My mum made my dad some vegan “Frikadellen” from red beans and oats today. He liked it. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes frittata is just a crustless quiche! Crusts end up being more butter than my stomach likes so I prefer them for that reason.

2 Likes

Best part of the turkey.

Turkey and stuffing on white with high cholesterol mayo. I’ll be good tomorrow. And the next day.

13 Likes

Oohhh il have to try making these as i dont eat the crust or bottom of a quiche!! I jist love the filling.
:+1:

3 Likes

Beans are protein and would always be delicious.Also Quinoa.

4 Likes

11 Likes