Foodies Unite #6 (trigger warning food) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE CRUST!

Texas peanutbutter sheet cake being made as well

Still gotta paint behind the stove…hence why its pulled out

9 Likes

I present egg roll in a bowl. Used ground turkey and doubled the sauces. It was quick and easy. Would i make it again? Maybe… tbd how hubby likes it

13 Likes

Spiga Cucina Italiana.

Grilled artichoke, sea salt, truffle essence, parmigiano reggiano, lemon aioli

PANZANELLA
Mixed greens, hand-pulled mozzarella, campari tomato, grilled crouton, shaved red onion, pesto-balsamic vinaigrette

Pan seared Grouper.

13 Likes

That presentation just hurts my checkbook looking at it lol

Hope it was delicious @Dazercat

5 Likes

Please stop eating these delicious artichokes and posting them!:sleepy:

We don’t have any restaurants around, which serves them.:wink:

5 Likes

I bought a few hot sauces! :joy: I started with the mildest one. Still spicy for me of course but it’s a start… now I can be in the cool kids (hot kids? :hot_pepper: ) hot sauce club :rofl:
I didn’t have much green to salvage from my poor avocado

12 Likes

I am so picky about hot sauce. I don’t like vinegary hot sauces. It’s odd, because I love spicy pickled things.

It’s just so different. How was this one? Other than wimpy? :rofl:

Good for you for kicking it up a notch!

3 Likes

I love eggroll in a bowl!

2 Likes

Falafel plate with tahini dip,
tomatoe rice and salad.

Yum! :falafel: :heart: :green_heart:

12 Likes

This (as well as all of your other meals) looks amazing! :yum:

3 Likes

Question:

I have a less expensive cut of beef to oven roast (inside round). It’s 1.454kg (3.2 lbs). I often cook initially at high temp for 10-20 minutes then reduce temp. Curious if you do that or just cook at one temp. What’s your preferred method?

6 Likes

I cook all my roasts at one temp.

4 Likes

Low and slow for that kind of cut!

4 Likes

Snow day today and I’m still fighting exhaustion from being sick. Plus a little winter blues. White bean and ham soup with peas (can’t get enough sweet peas lately!) and carrots. Baby spinach stirred in at the end. Better Than Bullion makes a decent ham base for fast and easy soup.

12 Likes

Well I still found it a bit hot lol. But tasty still. Hubby tried and said it had a “kick” to him too. This was garlic. I got another that’s more spicy (not tried yet) that’s cilantro lime. And I ordered a few other sauces they had to try

9 Likes

Oh heavenly horseradish soulds delicious. I look forward to a full review :wink:

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to that too!
I tried the mustard pickle sauce and it was tasty too, with a kick (not sure if mustard pickles are popular in other regions, but they sure are on Canadian the east coast). I thought the idea of a sauce version was neat so I ordered that too. Put on hubby’s ham sandwich today

5 Likes

I love eating early. I’ll make a great senior. It was a brand new bag of frozen green beans, and they were freezer burnt :grimacing: but still edible :laughing:
Hubby likes his more rare than me so I get the end pieces of the more narrow end of roast

12 Likes

Me, too. I’d have a 4pm dinner, every day.

2 Likes

Looks tasty! I need to make mashed potatoes and gravy ASAP.

4 Likes