Foodies Unite!

Fresh raspberry, banana, and ginger smoothies with coconut water. I know I should watch the sugar with my candidiasis, but I can’t eat ice cream or anything like that so this is my humble attempt to “treat yo’ self” (Parks and Rec reference).

Lamb chili cheese dogs and beet and caraway sauerkraut topped dogs. BTW, my husband ate them. I had a lowly hot dog with yellow mustard. Because I’m a basic bitch. :grin:

I LOVE my bread machine!! I just hate how messy it is cutting slices out of a loaf of bread lol. Kitchen gadgets, blenders, bread machines and instant pots, best things ever. Counter space is a must lol. Oh and of course COFFEE!

Oh and I just saw that too, my husband would be the one eating it too. I’m the basic bitch with you girl! Haha

Have you ever made enchilada stuffed shells?! The best thing ever! My two young kids love them too.

So I have a question. How do you make yourself eat? Like looking at or thinking about food is making me nauseous. Any advice on how to make sure I get enough food in me?

How long have you been sober? I do a lot of small meals (like an ounce of cheese and some carrots) or a banana throughout the day. Also mint tea helps settle my stomach.

Only 9 days. Before that a month. But mine is self harm and restricting, so… I also try to do small meals, but I feel nauseous a lot, and part of my past was not eating, so I need to figure out how to eat a good amount of food even when food makes me nauseous. Ahhhh. Long. Sorry.
Hmm. Mint tea might help, thanks. Ill try that in the morning.

Ah, not a long story at all. I’m glad you shared. I also used to suffer from self harm and an eating disorder. Well done on 9 days! That’s huge. Ginger candy can also help with nausea. I’m often nauseated so I have a million tricks.

Thanks😊 and thank you for sharing as well. What’s ginger candy and where do I get it, lol?

I’ve not tried that, but now I have a new thing to cook. Thanks, they sound like yummy ideas!

You can find ginger candy in Asian markets, Wegmans, and definitely online. They’re small, spicy, chewy candies. I like them. Also smelling isopropyl alcohol can curb nausea. I keep swabs in my purse for nausea outside of home. Lol.

Huh. Cool. I’mma try to find that candy. Isopropyl alcohol is to strong for me lol.

You don’t drink it! It’s poison. I put some on a paper towel and use it on my wrists to help with the nausea.

Not the same thing, but candied ginger might do the same thing.

preppin salads and hittin the gym :muscle:

That works too. Crystalized ginger. Whatever. Ginger tea.

Me neither! Especially gluten free…lol

So one of My favourites lately is this mix of half full grain Rice and barley

Pork loin there?