For those who battle depression

Hi everyone. So I battle depression which correlates with my drinking too much and we all know that alcohol is a depressant so it’s a vicious cycle.

Last week I was diagnosed with critically low vitamin D by my doctor who then told me that most likely it’s what is causing my depression. I’ve been on a high dose of Vit D for about 5 days and I feel so much better. I am still depressed but it’s not as bad and I have a better ability to avoid alcohol.

If you are depressed, talk to your doc and ask them to test your Vit D, you never know. It might just help you stay sober. PLEASE DO NOT just start taking high doses of Vit D, it stays in your body and isn’t flush out like Vit C and can cause problems if you have too much. Good luck everyone, you/we all deserve sobriety and happiness.

1 Like

Hmph, interesting. I know I am low but been depressed so long I’m not sure that is the cause. I link it to childhood trauma.

1 Like

My diet is healthy except drinking a bit too much. I mentioned that to my doc and he shook his head saying there isn’t a way to get my Vit D up with just eating food.

1 Like

Maybe talk with your doc about starting on the Vit? I mean, why not?