For those who need to hear this

Hey everyone, I hope you all find yourself doing well during these very difficult times. For us who deal with addictions it’s double difficult to have to deal with alot of what this worlds throwing at us. But I do want to remind all of you the strength that we have inside . Many of us have been able to overcome addictions we thought would forever hold us in shackles ,Even those who are here just starting your Journey into sobreity , the strength that it takes to admit that you have a problem and try to do something about it is great. We show such unity and support for complete strangers on here and it brings me with so much inspiration and hope to see that on here. I swear us addicts show more love on here than those " normies " on sites like Facebook or Instagram lol . I used to be so cynical and I literally hated people and felt life was full of selfish people just trying to get one over on everyone else , I really believed in a dog eat dog world and I hated being a part of it . I hated it so much that I drank to escape it and contemplated suicide. I’m grateful for when I finally decided to get help , found my higher power , AA , and the 12 step . Now I’m not as cynical and realized that the view I had of the world was a reflection of the person that I TRULY WAS , I hated the world but what was I doing to change it? What was I adding to it? Now I try to help others , whether it’s in AA or on here I try to reach out to other addicts and be a support beam on the bridge towards their sobreity. I want all of you too know that we are all strong , we are United and we will overcome all difficulty that comes our way . We shall be a light in the darkness that has surrounded us. Everyone keep sharing hope abd kindness on here because the world truly needs it . Let’s be the change we wish to see in the world. Thank you for taking the time to read this and much love too everyone here :heart:

21 Likes

I agree completely , plus helping others give you such a great purpose

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::pray::latin_cross:

What a beautiful and inspiring message. Sometimes the cliche of “everything happens for a reason” is overused yet can’t you now see how your darkness in your history had to happen for you to awaken in such a way as to be focused on the bigger picture of humanity? We should all strive for your level of insight and awareness of the real gifts in others. Some people live/ react out of anger and fear and they are not nice to be around. Most who live in anger and fear have personal struggles and insecurities and have growth to do. You have transcended that. Your words remind me not to be so quick to judge others who act out of fear and anger because we don’t really know their history. Your words remind me that we all can improve our environment if we act from a place of love and compassion. That is not always easy yet it really is a choice. So much control we each have over how we respond to others. That is pretty empowering, right?

1 Like

that’s a fact , that’s why I shared that because I truly want to start living by the Motto " Be the change you wish to see in the world", I hope to share the positive energy and outlook I know have of life.

5 Likes

@Johasy_Toribio Thank you bro! Your words are definitely inspirational to me as I sit here on my 73 and half day sober…seeing things clearly, but feeling alone, like im trying to learn how to live sober all over is crazy to think about I’ve been drunk for 20 years all my feeling s suppressed, anxiety was at a all time high but it’s getting better because I can actually rationalize better now, but sometimes those negative voices and thoughts creep in and I try to come here or just breath feel my thoughts and let it pass…I can’t wait to get to the point where I can get a good grip on my anxiety man…Salute to you brother

1 Like

I’m happy to hear that my message inspired you …truly means alot to me , to be able to give words of encouragement not only helps me stay sober but I know it’s positive energy that can help someone else stay sober and we truly need that now . Also when it comes to the voices that tries to steer you back into your addiction, I hear them also …at one point I hated the voice until I realized that that voice was the part inside of me that’s afraid of facing reality …so when I hear that voice …I tell it " it’s going to be ok , you don’t need to be afraid …join me and we will overcome"…lol I know it sounds almost crazy …perphaps cheesy but I learned that alot the negative feelings we have come from within …it comes from our fears …no point in hating it …but understand it… work with it towards a positive outcome…anyways …once again best of luck to you .

1 Like

I think theres much to be said about our bond here as a community. I’ve met countless strangers and have banded together in minutes for one common goal… getting trashed.

I would like to believe we can utilize that same determination (constructively) to save each other from the deepest corners of our minds. The place where all the doubt, pain and confusion is. I think addiction starts there long before substances are introduced.

Much love to you too my friend. Thanks for posting and good luck in your journey. This hit hard :black_heart:

2 Likes

Everyday on here I’m reminded that the world has good people…people that care , I love coming in here …glad you liked bro…good luck on your journey also.

3 Likes