Freaking Miserable

My flight home got cancelled due to the snow. Sleeping in the airport tonight to try to catch the shuttle over the mountains at 9 AM. If there’s no room, I’ll have to wait until 11 AM.

No biggie. Just traveling for almost 24 hours.

9 Likes

Dude that suuuuucks! Hope you can get the shuttle. This too shall pass.

2 Likes

Been there done… no fun.

Had a 38 hr flight from Baltimore, MD to Kuwait City, Kuwait with 4 stop overs … so, my condolences to you is it can be worse :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed u catch the 9am shuttle. There’s no way I could actually fall asleep in an airport. You’ve gotta b friggin exhausted. Ugh

1 Like

Slept for 2 hours. Was supposed to work at 9 this morning. Now I wont even be able to leave before 9. I’ll have to reschedule my patients.

2 Likes

Lawd. It’ll all work out, but what a mess

1 Like

Ahhhhh barf!!! That’s the worst. I had that happen before. It’s the worst, I’m sorry :neutral_face:

1 Like

Perhaps in between work things, you could make an alphabetical gratitude list and listing something that begins with the letter of the alphabet that you are grateful for? Gratitude is always a good way to combat misery.

6 Likes

welcome to the shit show, I mean club, hoping you get home soon

1 Like

That’s awful!! I’m sorry :confused:

1 Like

You know? I’m pretty sure it would be easier to sleep in a airport than with my children - and you have three more than I! Try to enjoy the tranquility, even under less than ideal circumstances.

3 Likes

Did you make it home yet bro?

Still in transit. On a shuttle that smells like baby diarrhea and I need to pee.

3 Likes

That sounds miserable.
Do you have a bottle handy to pee in lol

If only! Besides, theres a granny and a college aged girl next to me. I’m sure all the Amigos, Hombres, y Muchacos on the bus wouldnt care though.

Right!!
Do you have much further of a journey to go.

No we don’t. We made it to the first stop and I was at least able to pee. But, were only like 30 miles from home and cant get over this other pass, because the driver couldn’t get his chains on. Now we’re taking a back route. Not ideal, but hopefully we will be able to get there

1 Like

Would almost be faster to run no?

2 Likes

Dang, if only I had brought my running shoes!

Been there! I’ve spent overnighters in airports of Beijing, Hong Kong, and Houston. Sometimes you meet some cool people who are stuck as well.

1 Like