Freeing Yourself From Opiate Addiction

Those suffering from active opiate addiction need to believe. From experience, continued opiate use for me slow rewired my thinking. I believe this occurs in most addicts. With opiates I have found that once addicted there is a part of the brain that controls fear which prevents us from taking the jump to a better way of life. For me it was the fear of going through withdrawl and the ability to think about life past addiction was completely impossible. So I thought! I explain it the those whose don’t understand addiction as living life on fire with no way to put it out. Addicts live on fire in a sense and have to learn to incorporate daily living while in a complete state of panic. Most people just can’t comprehend it, the worst are the ones who say just stop doing it. I wanna say sure asshole, I’m glad you thought of that as if I haven’t but can’t. I’m getting off subject. No question it takes a very brave soul to put the fear down and understand withdrawl and a shitty life on opiates is very temporary. You couldn’t tell me there was no other way if life for years. I PROMISE ANYONE STRUGGLING IT GETS BETTER VERY QUICK. Relationships get better, material things are reaquired, emotions return to normal. You have to take the leap and its a big one , I KNOW. I LOVE YOU ALL. I ALSO PROMISE LIVING MISERABLE ADDICTED IT WILL NEVER GET BETTER, ONLY WORSE. There is no better time to quit then now. Not for New Years, not when your stash is gone, not next weekend. Now! If you need me I am here. Be safe everyone Please. BELEIVE IN YOUR FUTURE.

1 Like

@Lifechanged4life I just signed up for this site and your post was the first post I read! I just got home yesterday from detox…4 days clean and I’m so excited, but terrified. Would love to have someone I can checkin with on here to hold myself accountable too and ask questions if needed. How long have you been clean?