Fresh start...nervous about whats ahead

so big day today …apart from being 593 days clean and sober I finally left my verbally abusive control freak of a wife …the last 18 months of my life have been such a struggle for me being isolated and continually belittled and Ive wanted to break so many times .never in million years did I think I would end up in the clasp of a narcissist and completely lose my identity but it happened and I really couldn’t see a way out …but today I plucked up what little courage I have and left the house , I am scared because now the real work begins ,so time to be positive , look forward to getting back to AA and starting over , just wanted to share this moment with all of you as this groupl has helped so much …big love to you all

20 Likes

Scary stuff, to be sure… But congratulations on beginning the journey back to you.
You will thank you for the rest of your life.
:+1:

5 Likes

Thankyou :grinning:, yeah it is a bit daunting but in around good company …and i know this was the right thing to do :grinning:

2 Likes

So proud of u for leaving a unhappy relationship and putting you and sobriety first . I wish u lots of strengh and courage in your new exciting journey x

1 Like

The hard, scary and uncomfortable decisions lead to a lot of growth. Keep growing my friend, never stop. Kudos to you for staying sober and bettering YOUR life.

Keep calm and trudge on.

5 Likes

Best of luck :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thankyou nat :grinning:, ive put everything on hold for so long ,I havnt spoke to my friends in months the aspirations of volunteering were just a dream …and now its going to happen , spoke to my sister for the first time in months tonight and she was in tears telling me how proud she was of me …tommorow I’m going to speak to harp about help with housing , its all happening :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: x

3 Likes

thankyou mate , you are so right , just wish i had done this along time ago , but i guess everything happens for a reason, i took a moment to thank my higher power earlier ,gonna take things slow ,stick to my game plan and start chapter 2 of my recovery :grinning:

3 Likes

So glad you left!!! My ex husband and father of my 2 children is a narcissist and it’s a freaking nightmare!! One day at a time :heart:

1 Like

Hey! So proud to hear you making such a large step in a positive direction. Remind yourself you’re doing the right thing and how happy you’ll be down the line. Keep your head up we are all rooting for you!

1 Like

Terrible as it sounds, probably shouldnt have happened any other way.

It was a shitty living condition, but a condition that you’re accustomed too. Allowed you to focus on sobriety and get the foundation built, so that you’re more apt to succeed now and won’t have to battle 2 things at once.

You’re in a much better place to move on with your life AND stay sober at this point.

You can make it, your progress has been solid from the bits and pieces I have had the opportunity to witness over the last year and change.

1 Like

That makes so much sense because for along time I had so many opertunities and I squandered everyone, then when I did get clean and sober it become one of the biggest challenges I have faced having everything taken away and being put in a position of where I felt pushed to relapse on so many occasions but chose not to , I dug deep because I thought I have to go through this to get out of this ,there has got to be a reason behind why this is so hard , and you are so right I feel so much stronger and ready to begin the next chapter in my life with this under my belt…this is why I love this group so much , there is allways someone to help explain something you can’t see…thankyou mate :grinning:

3 Likes

yeah me too , possibly the worst experience of my whole life …i now have a whole new understanding of people and the lengths they will go to control you, just glad i am out of it :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

hey thankyou for your lovely words its really appreciated :grinning:

I’m happy for you!!

1 Like