Friday night and feeling like a big ol' blunt to escape this shit fucking world

Feel like a fat ol’ blunt

3 Likes

And would that change the shit world? How would u feel after the initial escape. Play the tape forward. There is no difference between Friday or Thursday. If u want a sober life, and the benefits it brings, u gotta work it everyday.

8 Likes

Hey, you’re justifying your use. You wanna use and you’re looking for a reason. Actually the state of the world has nought to do with your addiction. You don’t need it. And it won’t change a thing for the better.
Play the take forward as has been suggested.

2 Likes

Just constant shit after shit bro, literally something always happening in my crappy life just want to drown in it. Everytime I try quit man something just pummels me back down, I want to make it out on top.

1 Like

We are here for you please don’t do it, you obviously wanna quit as you are here, try to remember the reason why you want to be sober :muscle:

Drowning in it won’t make it go away. If you want to make it out on top then dig deep and triumph over the challenges. The more you stand up to the urges, the stronger you become and the weaker those taunting thoughts become.
Shit is always going to happen in life, but to break the constant cycle we need to change how we react and respond. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Wow that’s really tough, yeah I think if shit would have kept happening in my life after I got sober, I also would have just gone back. Luckily everything went really smooth for me.

:sweat_smile:

Man. The goal of sobriety is not that there will be no more challenges in your life. It’s to live life on life’s terms. To gain a better grip on what control you do have and to live life to the best of your abilities. Not hide from it behind the curtain of smoke or in a tub of alcohol.

Come on, challenge yourself to not escape this time. You can do it. Question is can you be bothered to?

5 Likes

I’m staying clean tonight but fucking hell bro , I’m trying to be best and work on myself. Always being told I’m not enough, I don’t do enough I don’t earn enough I don’t pay enough while I’m at work , working my ass off to pay shit off, bending over backwards to get my work done just to be told I’m not doing enough, this world brings you down but I keep climbing, I want to come out on top. Demons everywhere. The devil leaves you alone when he likes what your doing, but when he sees you doing good he throws constant shit at you. It builds character I know that but fuck sake , iv just come here to vent. Thanks for everyone reading. Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

The flaw in that kind of thinking is say you did smoke the blunt. Got high as a kite. When you land back on earth and look around, the world will be the same as you left it, and you’ll be poorer and weaker for the experience.

My world ain’t perfect, but it’s infinitely better than it was when I was drinking. COVID, 2 layoffs, war in Ukraine, inflation, civil polarization…all have happened since I quit drinking. “The world”, the one I have no control over,might be going to shit, but MY world is pretty darn good, because I choose to make it so.

3 Likes