I didn’t know what they were, but I did know that they were usually in the way! Sayonara, plastic separators.
(Good lawd, this thread was lit. Y’all doing Fridays right.)
Or there hopefully will be another
Those are there to prevent what’s called nesting, and are really only useful if you have lots of the same type of cutlery being washed, especially spoons. Some cutlery, specially spoons, have a tendency to nest (or stack/stick) together when placed which prevents the water from getting in between them to wash it properly. The slots help separate like cutlery to prevent this.
The other option to help prevent nesting is to be totally random in how you insert the cutlery into the basket… Some up, some down, forks mixed with knives mixed with spoons etc. Don’t group like cutlery into the basket sections for easier unloading… Be chaotic
That’s how I roll
- Your worst job ever?
- Worst advice anyone has given you?
- Best advice anyone has given you?
- How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?
- Who makes you laugh the most?
- How do you feel most misunderstood?
- Your best trait?
- Goals for 2019?
- Who is your best friend?
- Something you would like to change about yourself? Or improve upon?
- Who would you love being stuck in an elevator with?
- If your house were on fire… what’s the one thing you would grab?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- If you could be a member of any tv sitcom family, which would it be?
- What did your past relationship teach you? Or. What do you think about when you’re by yourself?
- What five things would you take with you during the zombie apocalypse and why?
- If you were kind/queen/other royalty for a day, what would be your first rule that you would change?
- What was your favorite toy growing up?
- What is something you really dislike but have no good reason for disliking?
- What’s your cure for hiccups?
And alrighty then…
- Worst job, odd tasks at 13 y/o for the local Dairy Queen. Owner under-paid me under the table to do stuff like scrape gum off the sidewalks.
- In hindsight, not sure if I’ve gotten bad advice or just taken it poorly.
- Best advice: Why not try something different?
- Annoyed for no reason… on a good day I listen to understand why. On a rough day I walk away. On a bad day I sass back.
- Jim Gaffigan.
- Sounds conceited, but I feel misunderstood when told in earnest I’m “smart” or “special.”
- My traits are open for judgment.
- 2019 goals: Couch to 5k, finish my step work, see where Life takes me.
- Many great friends, best is one who’s back in Wisconsin. She is wise AF and sees through my BS.
- I’d like to find courage again. It comes in fits and starts, but I still tend toward inaction.
- Stuck in an elevator with Natalie Portman. She’s always seemed cool AF.
- If your house were on fire I would grab… my ass and get out.
- I’d be a horrible sportsball player. Entirely for lack of trying.
- I may as well already be the member of a sitcom family.
- Being engaged taught me no matter how good I’ve got it, I can still drop the ball if I’m not paying attention.
- First of all, it will definitely be a robot uprising. So an EMP, an EMP, another EMP, a good book, and camping supplies.
- I would immediately make me not royalty. King should also have been an answer to #13.
- Lego FTW.
- When people say, “It’s been a minute,” meaning a long time, it grates on me for reasons I can’t explain. Just stop it, California.
- For hiccups, I hold my breath and swallow as many times as I can.
So wrong my CDO friend, so wrong!
My CDO for washing dishes properly means i have to embrace the most correct technique otherwise the dirty and poorly washed cutlery irks me too much. I used to load similar cutlery items into the same section so i could neatly unload the dishwasher with what i though was maximum efficiency. I was wrong. I ended spending additional time re-washing cutlery that had nested. Chaos is order in this instance.
I will wash some items exclusivity by hand also as am unimpressed with how dishwashers either treat them, wash them, or both.
Yeah, it sucked. Our singer ended up in the hospital. Had to have a major skin graft operation. Drummer got a busted lip and bruising, guitarist, bassist, and merch guy were shaken up, and I ended up with cuts and bruising because my seat belt failed, and I fell against the window that was sliding on the concrete. Cut my leg a little when I kicked out the windshield so we could all get out.
It was a very shitty ending to a decent tour. Ended up being my last tour with those guys, as they kicked me out a few months later after our first show back.
Holly shit! I am glad you all made it out of there alive. What a disaster.
Ah man. Sorry to hear all that. My worst nightmare.
Friday night thread… What’s everyone up to? Today was mine and my boyfriend’s last proper day off before going before going back to work next week We had a good day though, went for a walk in the woods this morning, out for lunch and then to the arcade. Air hockey is SO MUCH FUN.
Burger and chips for dinner, catching up on Luther tonight and playing some Grim Fandango
I was JUST coming here to resurrect the Friday thread You beat me to it!
Seems like you’ve got a nice day so far.
I am working from home today, as I do every Friday. Be done in 45 minutes or so. Today is Chief’s 3rd birthday (my dog), and the weather is actually nice here somehow (well, nice for January), so I am taking the two gremlins to the park to play some fetch. Have some dog ice cream in the freezer for them when we get back. I take them for fetch all the time when its warm, just haven’t been able to as of late because the frozen ground cuts up their paws…it’ll be a nice surprise for them today since the dirt has softened a bit.
Other than that…not much going on tonight! I’ve got some movies lined up that I’ve been meaning to watch, so maybe I’ll put one of those on.
What movies? I watched bird box. Did not like it.
No interest in Bird Box here. Either way, I’ve got more shows on my hands than I can handle already (still trying to watch all of Frasier, I’m about 75% through…and re-watching Breaking Bad with my GF since she never saw it).
As far as movies go…I am a self-desrcibed film buff, and right now I am focusing on watching “classics” that I haven’t seen yet, that I probably should’ve seen by now.
Watched “The Sting” earlier this week. That was good. Some ones I have lined up:
-Assault on Precinct 13 (love John Carpenter)
-Aliens (emphasis on the ‘s’)
-Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Who knows, I could just end up watching episodes of “Dr Pimple Popper” instead. A show both revolting and satisfying.
Can I have the quantities for your “natures truffles” please. Sounds lush.