Friday night - what's up

Lying in my boys’ bedroom floor, singing an old Gillian Welsh tune as they (hopefully) go to sleep. My Mama is in town for a visit, and that’s been grand. Just hanging out with her tonight -probably watching the Great British Baking Show.

8 Likes

Love Gillian Welch. Was a time I had Revival on repeat for weeks in the late 90s. :slight_smile: have fun with your mama!

1 Like

Don’t tell this to my dad lol he is the king of flip flops with white socks.

@VSue yes!! Love my Birkenstocks with socks.

1 Like

:heart: I hope you get some quality time with your mom

I’ve been singing the song below to my boys at bedtime for 8 years now…(the older one I started with at 2 years old and don’t sing to him anymore. The younger one is 7 and he still likes me to sing songs as part of our nighttime routine. Counting down the days till he doesn’t ask anymore and it will be so bittersweet). I slow the tempo down a bit and usually only sing about one bird.

3 Likes

Just got my tree down about a week ago lol

Happy Friday! Belt testing some students tonight then packing for a weekend getaway to Iowa.

1 Like

I am bored out of my mind and putting off school work. Lol. Sleep sounds much better at the moment

8:20 and I’m in bed watching ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor’

Perfect

5 Likes

I really should workout but I’m on the couch and my cat is laying on me so I can’t get up… Can’t = don’t wanna.

6 Likes

So far I have spent my Friday night evening cleaning, loving on my kids, listening to music, and not wrecking my mind, heart, body, relationships or sense of self-worth. Hanging out in the game room currently wanting to go to bed already, but it’s only 7:45 pm lol. I just might convince my kids to put themselves to bed, so I can catch up sleep- but I hate doing this :confused: We shall see. Looking forward to waking up hangover free, feeling a little happier, healthier and stronger.

8 Likes

I am the co-chaperone at Teen Book and Movie Club. Pride and Prejudice. Eating Pringles.

2 Likes

Just landed on my couch. Oh. Yeahhhhhhh…

Ahhhh-Weekend

Meeting later. Now = melting into a pile of ooze.

5 Likes

I’d hoped for Friday night laundry and cleaning, but instead I’m sitting with a DBT workbook suppressing the urge to throw it across the room. Fortunately, it still works in such moods, and, if the mood leaves as quick as it came, I could end up having a fantastic rest of the night. Or spend it crying in bed. It remains to be seen.

I did get all my errands done today. And chopped a cabbage in record time. So, there’s that.

5 Likes

Hey Friday crew. Today I was wicked pissy and angsty at work - it was like my old, irritable self trying to rage through. I could see it happening, but couldn’t stop it. I went and got my nails done and then connected with some of my AA ladies - a few of us were not in the best place and doing the “I don’t feel like going to a meeting, but that probably means I should go to a meeting, are you going?”. I then went and picked a few of them up and off we went and guess what? All three of us ended up with lifted spirits. Then I came home and ate a frozen pizza.

9 Likes

Yeah I saw the quote part but still not able to do it. I’ll get it soon I’m sure, lol!

I am on the app. Do you have to be on the computer? @Becsta

Hmmm, that’s weird. I highlighted and hit quote but nothing popped up @Becsta

TEST, lol, to see if it works🤪

I know you’re in Maine and all, but you did cook the pizza first, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got it. Thanks so much @Becsta😊

1 Like