Friday night - what's up

Oh dear, looks like finland now, Maine was it?

1 Like

Donā€™t!!! I found the same sort of thing that actually looks like lady suspenders

When I do wear a dress shirt, I just tuck it in my boxersā€‹:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Normal Friday night (which I love now) relaxing after a long week, made dinner and looking forward to a warm weekend here in AZā€¦

1 Like

Workingā€¦ feeling a little :sleeping:

1 Like

Pretty much the same. Reading and putting me first instead of the bottle.

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m hiding in a corner huddled up trying to be invisible bc my depression is making me feel that way

Mine gets wet too- itā€™s finished and I live in mine, yay! Lol. Itā€™s not SOAKED but it does get wet in spots where the cement has cracked. A few more months and I will have a real bedroom again, WITH A DOOR even! Yay!!

1 Like

I too have a really old bedroom set, itā€™s packed away in the barn for now, itā€™s this painted green wood with even awesome candle holders built in and everything! No idea what year, but our old house was built in 1780 so anywhere from there on.

@Fireweed, yes maā€™am! :slight_smile:

What? I have never seen such a thing not can I imagine a use for it.

Coming at you LIVE from Pilgrim Country, itā€™s the Friday thread!

Whatā€™s on for tonight and the weekend, folks?

Lashing rain and high winds here today, so only suiting that I awoke with this song stuck in my head. Track 2 from my favorite Led Zeppelin album, Houses Of The Holy. This live version is superb, even if it is just Page/Plant.
Recently learned an interesting bit about this song, actually. Apparently Jimmy Page wrote it after hearing George Harrison remark that ā€œZeppelin never writes any balladsā€. Funny thing, the two opening chords to ā€œRain Songā€ are the same chords used to open ā€œSomethingā€, which was of course written by George Harrison during his time with The Beatles. You can actually sing the opening lines of ā€œSomethingā€ over the two opening chords of ā€œRain Songā€, and it works out.

Have a great sober Friday, everyone!

12 Likes

What up!? Iā€™ll be hosting a play-date tonight for two 7 year olds. Pizza has become a Friday night thing at my house, so :pizza::exclamation:

11 Likes

Playing a show tonight. Looking forward to it, as itā€™s a solid rocking lineup, and thereā€™s been a good buzz building around our new album in the town weā€™re headed to, so hopefully the turn out is good.

7 Likes

Glad you are back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That happened every time I tried to leave here, glad you are back!!!

3 Likes

Here is some cuteness. Cuz i need it this morning.

11 Likes

I think I got complacent without it in the forefront of my mind daily, reminding me why I stay sober. Without that, the alcoholic brain gained power every time.

I had planned on trying a break again after my 1 year so I could focus on new things but Iā€™m good where I am, so Iā€™ve stayed. I just donā€™t read all the threads now so I miss a lot but being here even a little helps me!

6 Likes

Thank you :blush: So glad youā€™re back, Mel!

1 Like

Even though you and I really havenā€™t interacted much, Iā€™m glad youā€™re here. :blush:

5 Likes

Mel! Glad to see you. Itā€™s scary when you realize that the disease kept on getting bigger and badder,even after you broke up with it. Iā€™m happy you are hereā€¦

3 Likes

How is the weather there right now? Looks like a perfect friday right there!