Friday night - what's up

Enjoying my time off from work!

Today I’ve been to the gym, the grocery store, had a visit from our landscaping company to talk grass, and now getting ready to take the dogs for a jaunt. All this before noon, so rest of day is for relaxing.

Tonight we are going to fire up our new grill for the first time, first time grilling at the new house. Got Italian sausages and making bison burgers w/ lettuce, tomato, red onion, and relish. I CANNOT WAIT.

7 Likes

We’re sans kid tonight, so it’s looking like a trip to IKEA for some ideas, and dinner. No shows for me this weekend, so I can relax a little.

4 Likes

Love the balloon in the back. You rock!

1 Like

I got to work pretty early this morning so I will leave earlier than normal. I don’t really have any plans tonight, probably the typical Friday night, dinner out and movie at home.

P.S. it’s casual friday. It’s not a company thing, I’m just blazing my own trail.

6 Likes

Will buy myself a big box of ice cream and binge on dr.phil. perfect!!!:grinning:

1 Like

Whooooooohoooooooo $100 and ice cream? … Sign me up!!!’ :moneybag:

1 Like

Right! Its hard to argue with that! Lol

Lol, j/k my office doesn’t have a window.

4 Likes

Just got back home after visiting my Mama in my hometown for a couple of days.

I’m thankful that sobriety has given me tools to stay calm in situations that once would have lead me to explode - or to drink away the hurt and anger.

Tonight, I’ll be getting back to my meeting and my bathtub. Pretty tickled about both!

8 Likes

4 Likes

Needed that tonight more than i wished for. Going to attend a meeting tomorrow morning to get my brains some fresh air. Bubbly bath time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Say 34 almost over, oh how my Friday nights have changed. Been to the local swimming pool and health suite, it feels great. I’m feeling really refreshed for a Friday night :slightly_smiling_face: I hope everyone’s ok and we all have the strength together to get through this weekend and all the others to come :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very excited to be going to see a local production of A Man For All Seasons tonight. It’s probably my favourite play.

2 Likes

Taking one of my kids and wife to the bowling alley to try out my new ball tonight. Hanging with my friends in recovery and talk smack at each others bowling game! Our league team is “the spared ones”!

1 Like

Getting off work soon, then gym then home - blah! BUT!! It’s going to be sunny this weekend for the first time in a while!! Going to find some new (to me) hiking trails and take one of my dogs with. Oh how I’ve missed the sun :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

That is is I am cooked. TOO MUCH DRAMA LLAMA FOR THE DAY

LLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMALLAMA

CHEESECAKE

5 Likes

When this is amusing … I think I have a problem:

5 Likes

Payback, Goat…

3 Likes

Didn’t realize you too were a fan of the musical stylings of the Indian SubCon. Awesome sauce!

1 Like

Friday night! It’s been a short but strange week for me. I’m quickly (but trying not too quickly) to have something to eat before going to pick someone up to go to a meeting. It’s a father/son anniversary meeting (44 years combined sobriety) and I’m sure I am going to cry my eyes out. I hope I can be an example in my family and, someday, be able to be there for others following this path. I vacillate between thinking that is impossible, to thinking that anything is possible.
Happy sober Friday, y’all!

2 Likes