Friday night - what's up

Good for you. Im trying to rewatch seasons 6 and 7 of GoT before sunday night. Couch=good.

1 Like

Ah Goat, now your bringing in the way the wooden spoons resonate when knocked against the thigh, as opposed to the common garden metal ones. I too prefer the deeper sound.
Iā€™ve always been partial to a bit if base
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks :blush: this is an old friend who I have not seen in 5 or 6 years. We reconnected about a year ago, but plans have always fizzled out.

Iā€™ve resolved that I am going to stick this out and not be a flake. No complaints if the cancellation comes from his side though :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

aaaaaand my friend cancelled. Rescheduled for next Friday.

See you with the same anxieties, same time, next week! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Ah what a shame (I know you will probably be thinking otherwise :laughing:) Hope it does happen next week, itā€™s awesome that youā€™re putting yourself outside of your comfort zone!

1 Like

Thanks, I am trying. But canā€™t deny I was somewhat relieved to have the plans cancelled. My default mindset it always ā€œthe best plans are cancelled onesā€. I canā€™t hide myself away forever, though. I deserve more than that.

4 Likes

Haha the best plans are cancelled ones :joy: Like it.

But yes you certainly do deserve more and itā€™s amazing that youā€™re trying to make that happen.

If i can get up and feel up to it going to go to church with my dad for euchre night!

1 Like

Well, I just made my own day.

I got tickets to go see Morrissey. Only thing is, Iā€™ll have to drive to NYC for it. Iā€™ve been debating it since yesterday when they went on sale. The only other time Iā€™ve seen him was in 2016, also made the drive to New York for that one, too (had tix to a Boston show in 2017, got cancelled). Itā€™ll be a quick 24hr trip like last time. Iā€™ll be doing this solo, GF staying home.

I think back and 2016 is one of the best years of my life ā€“ a lot of that is because I went out and did stuff, put myself out there, instead of overthinking it to death to the point where the idea eventually becomes stressful and unappealing. So I am hoping this will be part of a great 2019.

The motto of 2019 will be ā€“ just go for it!

8 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™m just glad I made a decision lol. So much humming and hawing over itā€¦do I really want to drive all the way to NY, do I really want to spend that cash, etc etc.

I kept saying, ā€œjust wait 'til next time, see if he comes to Bostonā€. But there is never a guarantee of a ā€œnext timeā€, is there.

3 Likes

You are correct. Also, @MandiH and i will come find you for summer new England meet up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

3 Likes

I still feel kind of uneasy, truthfully, haha. Excited, but uneasy.

I always feel guilty about spending money, itā€™s been that way as long as I can remember. Drilled into me since I was a kid, really. Itā€™s helpful in terms of budgeting and saving, but it also means I feel bad when I spend on something like this.

Additionally, the last time I saw Morrissey in NY, it was about 3 months after getting my own adderall prescriptionā€¦so I was in the stage where I was very much enjoying it, but it hadnā€™t blown up into a problem quite yet. I spent the afternoon leading up to the show doing that stuff and sipping bourbon (still ā€œmoderateā€ drinking back then, rightā€¦). I wasnā€™t hammered, but I was definitely flying high.

Iā€™m not nervous about relapsing. No way. Wouldnā€™t have booked it if I had that concern ā€“ But putting things in motion for this time around has some of those memories of last time coming up. Itā€™s making me feel like I actually miss it. I know the reality, though. As much as I might sometimes wish I could do those things, Iā€™ve made my choice and I know that itā€™s simply not an option for me anymore.

3 Likes

Thanks, glad to know itā€™s not a totally bizarre feeling. I wrestle with it sometimes. There was a very small window of time in my life back then where I was able to enjoy alcohol without the inevitable harsh hangover and brutal ā€œhangxietyā€ that lasts for days afterward, my primary reasons for stopping. Iā€™m not sure why, the negative effects justā€¦went away for a while.
But, of course, they came back ā€“ worse, actually. Thatā€™s what I keep in the back of my mind now. Last time I drank/drugged (June 9), I was in shambles for nearly 2 weeks. It was awful and I never want any part of that again. Sometimes I think I could recapture that old time, but alas, I know that to be bullshit. So this time will be different. No sense in worrying about it now, this is 5 months away.

Sobriety really is about learning what to do with ALL emotions, not just the bad ones, isnā€™t it? I, like you, havenā€™t much of an idea of what to do with the good emotions when they show up. Itā€™s like being handed a batch of delicious food, but the pan itā€™s in is scalding hotā€¦hooray, delicious food! But I canā€™t grasp it!

I also found it humorous that your moment of bliss came to you while in the pasta aisle. I mean, who doesnā€™t get a little giddy when surrounded by tortellini?

Thanks for your kind words my friend, they have helped me today.

4 Likes

FRIDAY! LONG WEEKEND! HIGH 60s(F) TOMORROW!

Thatā€™s whatā€™s up.

9 Likes

So much humming and hawing over itā€¦do I really want to drive all the way to NY, do I really want to spend that cash, etc etc.

Hell yes, you do!

1 Like

Sitting here watching a plumber mutter and shake his head - after finding standing water earlier today in my basement and downstairs bathroom. Sighā€¦

3 Likes

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Holly.

3 Likes

Planning to hit a meeting, relax & sleep. I have to work tomorrow. :confused: Iā€™ll do my best to alert, present & productive. :v::pray:

2 Likes

Oh no!! I do not love when things go wrong with the pipes, thatā€™s one of the few home issues that really stresses me out! That and water issues, have both this month lol. Plumbers are def saints when needed! I hope they get you fixed up quick!

3 Likes

Pizza with PINEAPPLE, La Croix and some tv.

5 Likes