Friday Thread #2

Dinner went well. I did some star gazing later. Probably spent too much time on it

@Bootz good luck with the fires and the smoke! Fire is scary. I’ve had experience with being worried for my home by fire. The full moon is amazing through smoke and polution though! Im sure it looks amazing.

1 Like

Happy Friday folks!

I’m have a quote done by an electrician today - turns out you can’t run a microwave and a window air conditioner unit on the same circuit, so I need new outlets installed - then on the weekend I’ve got a class on Saturday, and a breakfast Sunday, but other than that it’s a relaxing weekend.

Monday Sept 19 is a national day of mourning here in Canada for the Queen’s death, so I’ll be taking that day off work and my wife and I will pay our respects.

6 Likes

Oh, good you get a day off. Our region here isn’t getting it off, I think perhaps just federal employees.
I’m still in shock about how Ontario handles some holidays; you’d think Remembrance Day would be recognized as a day off like majority of other provinces. Or Sept 30th for National Truth & Reconciliation Day.
I remember when I first moved to Ontario, dad had a heart attack near Remembrance Day and joked to me it was because his daughter had to work that day (he was a veteran). I take it as a vacation day yearly now and go to cenotaph.

4 Likes

Happy Friday! Waiting for the work day to be over :sweat_smile: might go solo for a bite to eat before picking up little guy from school. Birthday party for his friend this weekend, then he & I are doing Terry Fox run this Sunday! He’s super excited. We did it on our property last year. This year, his first in-person event. We’ve beat out fundraising goal so he’s proud about that. Doing it in honour of my mum; Terry was her hero. He was an incredible human being and I’m happy they’re keeping his dream alive and continuing the fight against cancer :canada:

4 Likes

I’d never heard of him so I looked up his story. Pretty incredible. It’s pretty crazy how we bitch and complain about little things day to day, and than you have someone out there doing something amazing like this. Kinda puts things in perspective. Hope you guys have a great time on your run. :muscle:

4 Likes

It’s just federal employees here too but I run my own business so it’s up to me whether we have a day off :grin: :innocent:

3 Likes

Happy Friday! Got kiddo to bed. I’m hiding under a blanket already and it’s just after 7pm :laughing: it’s freezing in the house as it’s been really chilly out past couple days and the heat isn’t on in the house yet, plus my kidney boulder is acting up, so I’m under the covers in bed being sooky. Hubby away doing his side job stuff. I’m munching on a few Simply Cheetos Puffs and debating between 8 Mile or Father Stu. Likely the former as it’s shorter and I’m tired! Who wants to come walk my dog? :joy:

5 Likes

Father Stu was great. Saw it Wednesday night

3 Likes

I noticed Morbius was on Netflix. After hearing how bad it was, I used it as a punishment threat to my son, I’d make him watch it if he was bad.

So this is my Friday night

3 Likes

My First Friday night off in almost 2 years, I went to my sons game met the girl he was dating and her friend we all went for a quick bite before they had to head home and I got asked all the girly teen questions,

Your in a band that’s so cool, do girls throw themselves at you?

You live in Virginia and all about how cool it is that I live in a major metropolitan hub,

You really don’t look that old, and then asking about wild partying like rockstars do is it true.

No, it sucks cause what should be a 10 minute drive I can walk faster to cause Of traffic, and yeah some people party too much and get carried away. Then the well you don’t drink? Why not?

And I was honest, I said I’m an alcoholic in recovery. Drinking for me isn’t have a beer with friends, it becomes a necessity of life, All those beer commercials that say drink responsibly. Doesn’t just mean don’t get wasted and try to drive yourself to the gas station for 3AM nachos, it also means take inventory of your consumption, if you can’t Than you shouldn’t drink,

I also made it very clear that if you decide to go and become sexually active, the roll of the dice pull out game doesn’t work, that’s how I ended up with 2 kids I wasn’t ready for.

And thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

9 Likes

Day off over here all. Lunch plans, dinner plans, blood donation and book shopping. This Friday is looking pretty good. :blush:

6 Likes

Celebrating my year milestone with a BBQ: small ribeyes, onions and bell peppers, potatoes and a mushroom gravy tonight. The weather is gorgeous and it’s almost noon and I’m still in my PJs out on the deck soaking up some sun. Good day indeed. Some prep later for tent camping tomorrow! Just overnight, but we haven’t been since last October so I’m looking forward to a trip out in nature. It’s looking to be a beautiful weekend.

14 Likes

Happy one year @RosaCanDo :orange_heart:
I had a nice, slightly boring friday: chores, cats, lunch, therapy, dinner.
The evening program is: book in bed. Wish you all a sober friday :pray:

6 Likes

Congrats on one year!

2 Likes

Trying to decide if I want to go to my Mom’s place to help her with tv/cable connection. She’s 91 and cancelled her streaming service and now she wants it back. I’ve spent over 7 hours working on this over the last couple of days. It’s very trying. I really need to bite my tongue and be patient with her and cable company.
Also, nieces live in hurricane zone in USA. So there’s that, but they’re not right on the coast and say they’re fine.
Definitely getting take-out for dinner later. Pizza is on the menu, for sure.

7 Likes

Happy one year Rosa! Enjoy your day, your weekend and your sunny sober days. Way to go!

3 Likes

Happy soberversary, Rosa!

As for myself, thank hecking Lue it’s Friday.

4 Likes

Its been 11 days since I tested positive with Covid, still feeling cruddy, tho today is the best I’ve felt. Hopefully this trend continues.

I’m taking it easy tonight, probably will watch the Mariners make it in the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. :baseball:

Right now, I am watching Disneyland videos with Penny Layne. :grin:

Congrats on 1 yr @RosaCanDo

12 Likes

Hopefully they make it. I’m gonna watch my Phillies try and get in for the first time since 2011. We’re known for September/October collapses as of late. Our magic number is 5 games.:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

How about a Seattle/Philly world series!?!? That would be pretty awesome! :smile:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to go to the big dance, hopefully it happens before I peace out!

2 Likes