From 100 to 1 just like that

I feel so low right now, my fiance is devastated. Life was so good why

1 Like

Welcome! This is a great first step. We are all here to help, reach out often. What were you doing in those 100 days to enhance your sobriety?

3 Likes

Man, I’ve been there before. Long stretch of sobriety and for whatever reason, I pushed the Fuck It button and threw it all away. But the thing I’ve learned is, it’s not gone. Those 100 days of living sober really happened, and you know that you can make it happen again. So yeah, you fucked up and made a series of bad choices, but the reality is, that was yesterday and today is a new day. Start again today and figure out what you need to do differently so that when you feel yourself hitting that Fuck It button, you will be better prepared to handle it. You’ve been there before, you can get there again, we are here to help. Go get it! And welcome! Glad you’re here!

15 Likes

Welcome @Chris_Wixon. So glad you’re here! I know how you feel.

1 Like

Are you able to identify anything that happened as a trigger? Perhaps it’s something you can try to avoid in the future?

I am with you…I had 87 and for a reason beyond myself I was drinking…I cant figure it out…I see a counselor twice a week, I go to meetings, I’ve been to rehab, I know the triggers and yet i still did it…

And life can continue to be good. It might feel devastating right now, but its one bad day in 100. Thats a lot better than 100 bad days. Learn from it, move on and most importantly dont beat yourself up for it. Be kind to yourself.

8 Likes

Maybe try a meeting they help with the WHYS Wish you well

1 Like

You’re allowed to feel low today. But not too low for too long.

For me it’s been important to sit in my feelings in sobriety. I think most of my boozing was drinking at feelings and things that made me upset. But don’t beat yourself up too long. Make your low worth something. Turn this into a lesson.

Everything happens for a reason and there is something to be learned from this too.

100 sober days is better than 100 drunk ones. Be grateful for how much you’ve accomplished, learn something new today, start over, do it again better, longer, and stronger.

YOU GOT THIS

2 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself… and yes we’ve all hit hit that infamous eff it button :roll_eyes:. The key is learning from our experience and making the necessary changes and adjustments. Very well said @Dejavu super inspirational.
Welcome @Chris_Wixon glad your here. This is a great community and a great tool to aid in your sobriety. :pray:

1 Like