Fuck it all!

It’s been a horrendous day. I’m almost to the point of throwing the towel in and saying screw it all. Jeepers F ing A

1 Like

Almost. But you know that if you drink,it will be just one more problem on the pile. And the pile will still be there.

Sober is better. Always. This I believe from my own bitter experience. I wish you serenity and rest.

14 Likes

Megan, that is just what our addiction wants us to do and think. It is a hideous disease. That’s why we open our toolbox up and counteract those negative emotions by going to an AA meeting/calling our sponsor/being of service/picking up the phone calling another member that understands what we are going through… This too shall pass. The first hundred sixty four pages of the AA big book is an incredible reference guide to living a life clean and sober. Megan, you can get through this feeling, and that’s all it is is a feeling that holds no power over you. One day at a time, one hour at a time, even one breath at a time but no matter what we don’t drink her use and we get through the day.

5 Likes

If you drink, it will still be a horrendous day - only it will be mixed with regret and a hangover. Even on the worst day, I have to tell myself that I will not drink today - no matter what.

Want to talk about what’s going on? Sometimes it helps me just to get it out of my head.

9 Likes

17 Likes

If you quit this time because of the challenges your facing today, it will make it easier to quit next time you face some challenges and the time after that. It’s the easier path, the one that says just this one time, then I’ll start again. And on and on it goes. Stay on course, you’ll be glad you did in a day, week, month, year. Throw in the towel now and in a given time you’ll be asking yourself if only I would have held on, why did I give in? Fight harder when it gets tough…Good luck.

13 Likes

This is it.
This is the moment you can make a BIG step in your recouvery!
If you get trough this it makes you stronger. This is were recovery is all about (and more) learning new coping strategies for the old (your doc).
So say your “fuck it all” to your doc and get your magical toolbox. What are the things that helped you so far with cravings? Use them!
Go for a walk in nature, work out, watch netflix, eat loads of chocolate, walk the dog (if you have one :hugs:) , phone someone, clean your house, get a bath, answer all the treads here on TS, whatever!
You can do that!
And if you battle this one, you’re going to be stronger if the next horrible day occur.
Because they are part of life and we all have to deal with them.
Yes they suck! I hear you!
But they suck even more when you drank/use.
So hang in there :heart: :facepunch:

10 Likes

Stay strong Roxy, you can do this, we got your back!

4 Likes

Remove yourself from the trigger…

2 Likes

How are you doing Megan?

1 Like

How are you this morning?

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I am sorry for the rant last night, my emotions are all over the place and when I reached out to my sponsor and she didn’t get back to me at all, I selfishly put up this post. I really appreciate ALL of your kind words and encouragement. I did take a hot shower, watch some TV and then got a good nights sleep. Waking today to 4 weeks sober.

10 Likes

To the hell to the yeah! Get after it!

2 Likes

That’s how it’s done!!

2 Likes

Dig deep. Bite down on the mouthpiece, clinch your fists and fight. You can never be defeated if you refuse to give up.

And when you overcome this day, you will be stronger, better. Better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow better still.

5 Likes

Almost to the notorious 30 day milestone.

Those can be tricky. Congratulations on choosing to press forward.

1 Like