Fudged up. Again

I was sober for 6 short months. I’ve been un-sober for 8 months. I’m right back to were I was at the start. I really thought I could just have one glass of wine, before I know it I’m not sleeping, living for my next line, one bottle a week turns to 3 bottles a night. I’m going to lose my daughter if I don’t change my behaviour. I’m at rock bottom again.

3 Likes

Hang in there and restart. You’re down, not OUT. Pick yourself back up and don’t be too hard on yourself and try again. I’m back at day 3 myself. It IS possible. Don’t give up and keep it moving. You got this!

6 Likes

Thank you :heart: I needed to hear that

1 Like

You can do this! Just take it one day at a time. You’ve gotten to 6 months. You know how good it feels. Your daughter will be so proud of you knowing you turned things around. Stay strong and make a plan. We are all here to support you. We understand. Xxoo

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I teared up reading that in my pitiful, emotional state lol. Really though, thank you.

2 Likes

Sending you a big hug. Try to pamper yourself. You are going to do this! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Your story is exactly like mine. Sober for a while, think you can have a social beer, then a few months down the line worse than ever. I have just finished a 4 week binge with a 4 day bender. I am hanging on to my job and my family by the skin of my teeth.
I am on day 6, it was tough but well worth it.
We have too much to lose and little to gain.

6 Likes

I slipped and had a drink with 9.5 years sobriety. It’s took 8 years for me to get the 116 days I have now. Welcome back.
You are worth it!

20 Likes

There’s always lower to go, unless you put down your shovel and stop making it worse.

Time to do more than last time.

You’re the key to your own lock, get active in sobriety, make it your absolute number 1 goal and life will open like a well fed flower for you.

You’re worth it, so work it.

13 Likes

There is a lower bottom that you still have the chance to prevent. You still have your daughter. You still have your life. You haven’t ended anyone elses.

When I realized that my decline was picking up speed so rapidly there was only one place it was going to end, I had to get help. I am and always will be an alcoholic. I am also am alcoholic who cannot stay sober without help. I have to work on my sobriety every single day - and every single day I have to be grateful for my second chance on life.

You have another chance. You don’t have to do it alone. Reach out when it is hard. So many of us get it and will help you get through. You did it for six months, so you know how. Maybe just reflect on why that six months ended and what you need to do to stay sober in each day, one day at a time.

16 Likes

Be strong and love yourself! It’s OK

1 Like

You’ve :clap: got :clap: this :clap:

I think a lot of us have made the mistake of thinking we can slow down rather than stop. I’ve never heard that end well for anyone. But we can pick ourselves up and learn from our mistakes. Humans can be resilient little buggers when we want to be.

Maybe try and widen your support circle compared to last time? Is there anyone you can talk to when times get tough?

Sending you and your daughter all the good vibes! X

4 Likes

How are you today? I wanted to suggest maybe going to a meeting? It sounds like you can really use the support right now. I hope you can come up with a good solid plan to get back on track. Today is the day to start. You can do this, both for yourself and your daughter. :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Thank yous all so much. My pattern is usually binging once a week rather than daily drinking and drug use. So I’m still feeling the effects of the last hangover. I actually looked up aa meetings in my area. There are so many. Most are closed meetings though? I need to look more into this and I’m so nervous to do it. I feel so ashamed as I had so much support the last time. I had cognitive behavioural therapy, I had an addiction counsellor. I really got all the tools and here I am. Yous are all so kind though, I’m definitely feeling blessed today. I love the theory of the second chance at life thing. I hate this darn addiction x

6 Likes

Don’t ever give up trying. You can do this, you ARE doing this. I was a binger as well, so I understand that part of it. Keep working on your self.

4 Likes

I have relapsed a few times too. Do not beat yourself up. The secret is to realign your mindset and thoughts and set yourself back on the journey. Clear your mind and build your will to beat this, set your start date then go for it. You did amazing to do 6 months set that as your bench mark. Good luck #determination

1 Like

I’ve learned that I have to plan my life around sobriety…not to fit sobriety around my life. Big difference between the two.

5 Likes

We all care about you! Just get that support system back in place and give it all you got. You can do this!!

1 Like

I’ve been where you are at. A few times. You just have to start again. Don’t beat yourself up about it. It will just make it worse. One day at a time. You can do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s totally okay to be nervous for your first meeting. Everybody is. Most of the time, when I hear people talk about their first meeting, it was a very positive experience where they felt welcomed and understood.

You can go in, sit where you want, and you don’t even have to talk if you don’t want to. If you mention that you’re new, people may offer you their phone numbers. It’s up to you. Open meetings are a good place to start, but it doesn’t have to be an open meeting if that doesn’t work for you. Closed generally just means it’s only for people who want to stop drinking (i.e. not friends/family/general public, just alcoholics). My first meeting was a closed meeting, and it was fine. There are even beginner’s meetings, that you might feel more comfortable with. Walking in the door is the hardest part.

4 Likes