Full Lockdown - UK - Support Thread

Hi Everyone.
We’ve just gone into Full Lockdown here in the UK, Essential Journeys Only and School and Work Closures.

Just wanted to offer support to anyone in need that’s worrying about staying sober during this time.

We can stay sober together, one day at a time, noone has to go through this alone.

Laura🙃

43 Likes

Thank you :pray: Laura for your support your a real asset to the forum :+1:

4 Likes

Well that’s my plans totally fuck screwed fucking gutted and have sobbed… This for people who live alone is just not fucking good!

7 Likes

I sorry :cry: you have to go through this Danni and I know how much you were looking forward to getting away :hugs:

1 Like

HI Danni, I cant imagine going through all this alone, I know having everyone here isn’t quite the same but we can all help each other.

2 Likes

I dont think it’s going to be as easy as it was last time, to stick to the rules. Its caused so much economic damage and people are really struggling.
At least online we all have support and can help each other which is better than nothing.

2 Likes

@Tokigurl88 @littlemisschatterbox @Mu9908
Absolutely. Im not working right now myself and don’t have my kids so I’m available if anyone needs to talk. I occasionally get a few hours of sleep, and go to an outside meeting, but other than that…Im yours. Being part of this online community has helped me so much already… don’t hesitate. God has other plans for me than I do. POWERLESS Hang in there.

6 Likes

Thanks lovely :kissing_heart: we can all stick together.
My eldest son is in the Construction Industry (so could in theory still work) but after the Prime Ministers announcement he came down and said to me ‘Mum I’m not going in I cant risk you getting I’ll I’d rather have no money’ As I’m high risk,
bless him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
#smallthingsmeanalot

10 Likes

Awe, that sweet boy. The numbers are blowing up here. I just moved from Georgia and it was getting crazy there. We can only do are part really.

4 Likes

We do a wee Ts meeting on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays at 7.00 pm Irish time which is the same as England :rofl:
But it’s good we talk about everything in general not just sobriety and you can put your camera on or off or mute yourself till you get comfortable
This message is to anyone everyone who is interested

7 Likes

Isn’t that great you your children can just surprise you like that

1 Like

I know, he will be 21 this year but he will always be a Mummy’s Boy hehe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Damn y’all have been through so many lockdowns over there in Europe. I’ve only been through it once when it all started and it was pretty bad.

5 Likes

It’s not what we are used to is it.
Being kept inside for long periods of time :neutral_face:
Still we wont drink we will deal with it soberly :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

I think I have the link? Do 7 your time would be 6 my time? Idk
I’ll figure it out.

1 Like

I’ll put a link up between 30 mins to 60 mins before the meeting starts Im not sure :thinking: if West Virginia is 5 or 6 behind me it’s 22.35 here now

1 Like

5 Likes

Edited

3 Likes

I’m sorry Danni :slightly_frowning_face: I just had to have a little powow with Joe because he was going to go next month. He said I HAVEN’T SEEN HER IN SO LONG :sob::sob::sob: It’s the whole world babe :heart:

2 Likes

Cool I’ll be there. Love the TS zoom meetings!

2 Likes