Futuristic thread: Facts and projections

I was going to start with the nanotechnology, one of my favorite topics but because of another thread I would like to start with future of procreation.

Projection: Procreation has to be somewhat monitored, otherwise there might not be a future.

Thoughts and facts my dear friends. Anything to stay sober, right? Well, that could be easily controlled in the near future too.

3 Likes

I definitely feel that our future is going to be tied in with Artificial Intelligences. Machines are going to take over a lot of the earth. Not like terminator or anything, just that technology is going to take over many forms of life. I believe that people will even have technology as part of their anatomy. Chips in their brains, etc.

1 Like

Yessssss and tu.
And there is a thread about nanotechnology ???
Uhhhhh it quite a good topic.
I am very pessimistic about the future as I am about the present. I visited much of the world and witnessed what procreation without control mostly brings. I will not argue the freedom of procreation but in terms of Facts and Projections ,control is always there, the overpopulation is just a mechanism that is useful to someone. Misery, extreme poverty, disease and war major part of the the way the world works. Basically the the difference between divine and human system. The human system requires sacrifice. It’s usually a sacrifice of one for the benefit of the other. In terms one sacrifices the other !

1984 by Orwell is a bliss I think !

1984 is my favorite book!!!

2 Likes

This thread is about future technology and possible future technology. Anything goes.

It’s a big influence on my world view and a big fan of Orwell.

Soz got carried away…
As I read in recent time the advances in monitoring the body functions and delivering medicine trough micro,nano and other tech it is likely that it will go trough there. As technology can be developed to inhibit specific body functions .

I believe that there will be AI beyond the level we see today in robotics, biometrics is going to get crazy, human chip implantations are already taking place. The government will place laws on reproduction to slow down population and human will ravage the earth long before the sun explodes. Global warming will rapidly increase and the Weather system will be sever near hospitable. Religious wars will increase between some but not others becoming more accepting, I give us 100,000 years at tops

1 Like

AI is really highly invested in now. As is always with technology , the way we use it defines it. It’s widely available to use deep learning servers to a lot of people and at this point ok, but eventually as the tech improves I think more and more of our flaws will be imprinted on ai.
The ai theme is incredible and really brings out a lot of interesting questions. Are we going to model it in our image, to make them better then us, or just leave them at basic work function.
I loved Isaac Assimov positive view but… Think it will be darker in reality.

And yeah what standards we agree upon. Or like everything else everyone on their own and some international laws and ba

1 Like

Its bound to be dark because humanity will make it dark. It’s the way we roll. Look at the internet. it was sold to us as a wonderful tool to advance ourselves. But more and more it just gets filled with the darker side of humanity, and it is easily accessed by anyone.

2 Likes

Yeah and imagine a fully bio integrated internet access. The power over people. Ads are at this point insufferable and everywhere, focused point news. So you have the net in your eye but net has you in the net :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, read a book about that. Contacts like Google glasses, chip in your head. Targeted advertising. Defiantly made me think about where we seem to be charging head first towards.
Worrying because along with it comes that whole Big Brother vibe.
The other thing in the story was augmentation. You project into yourself you clothes and you surroudings.
Obviously this was all controlled by a big corporation.

All this is about holding power, but why? That is what I can not seem to understand. Energy is the engine behind all the wars now and the technology to derive energy other than fossil fuels has been around for a long time. Once we don’t have to pay for energy, the whole equation changes. We don"t have to work anymore. The AI can do all the work with free energy and we can have a peaceful existence. Tesla already invented the way to this nearly hundred years ago. This curiosty is one of the factors that makes me want to live a long life.

That is the classic Utopian dream.
But can you really see humanity heading that way? As we stand now? To use Orwell again and I don’t know if the quote is correct but " all men are equal, some more equal than others.
Using the subject of power! I have heard that over the years the oil companies have bought new power producing methods as they came . What can we do against that sort of mentality?

1 Like

Yes, it is the utopian dream. The question is why is it prevented by corruption to lightly put it? No, sadly I don’t see humanity heading towards anything peaceful and fair.

Thing that gets me is we just let it happen.
People talk about machines freeing us, but what do most people spend a lot of their day doing? Browsing the internet for cute cat pictures? In the street and shops and cafes people sit with their devices in their hands. The list goes on!

2 Likes

You are right. What is different now? I don’t know. I wanted to save the world and I knew that I could not, so I drank. What now?

At the end of the day, the desire to change the world got beaten out of me over the years. Hence why I don’t really care what going on. Humanity will do what it will without me poking my nose in.
Yes there are action groups you can join but in the streets at marches they get treated like terrorists by the ruling factions. They want to change the world but government backed by big companies charge them down.
Call me a cynical. If you like. :grin:

I agree hundred percent. I gave up too. I just feed the stray animals and get them spayed and neutered as much as I can, without the help of an organization. Some days can’t even leave the house. See the picture? I am just staying sober. That is it.

1 Like

Seen “Unacknowledged” ?

No. Is it a documentary or a
Film?