Game: today I ________

Today I finally got some tricky tech stuff to work that had taken me 7 days. Persistence!
Today I …
learned some mad new devops skills
updated my resume with those skills
applied for a job

3 Likes

Good job @Victorious we are hear for you. Days are hard. I had a hard one yesterday. But just kept mind be sober. I am a lot happy sober. Call me anytime.

2 Likes

Today I proofread my novel, which will be self-published late next month. The genre is “addiction fiction.”

3 Likes

Today I gave blood for the first time.

7 Likes

Thanks! I know bad days come. I guess things were going pretty well and i was soaking up the blessings so much and then when this happened it hit me hard, and I really wanted his support n stuff. It’s weird I had expectations that things would go well when I told him, although I didn’t have anything specific in mind. And what actually happened wasn’t what I expected… So it was hard. I know I got my sober family here, thank you guys :smile:

1 Like

today I am happy beccause its raining intensely outside
today I am happy because I decided to throw unwanted and disturbing people from my life
today I am happy because I decided to be cop,administrator,foreign policy maker etc whatever…just I will be happy with anything, everything
today I am happy because I am with u guys

4 Likes

Today…I…well, I spent the day with my wife and two dogs. The Aussie blew out both patellar tendons about two weeks ago and required surgery. His name is Chappy and is the most loving dog I’ve ever had. Sutures come out tomorrow. Saving a Vet bill by doing it myself. Figure since I’ve done it on humans a million times, I can pull it off just fine with Chappy.:mask:

3 Likes

Today I walked my dogs and got closer to being able to find a home where they can be with me.

Today I hugged my cats and promised them that things get better.

Today I saved a cat at work and am really happy because he was 16 and orange and I love orange kitties.

3 Likes

Your vet charges you for suture removal? That’s ridiculous!

Pat lux surgery is pretty serious. Part of the suture removal is post op evaluation. I’d definitely go for thar

2 Likes

Congratulations and thank you! I always wanted to be a blood donor as a kid until I learned I have a genetic blood disease and can’t donate (and might actually need to recieve donations myself one day if I get really sick). You did a great thing!!

1 Like

Today I am sober (day 115).
Today I packed my breakfast to go to an early-ass meeting and meet with my sponsor tomorrow before work.
Today I finished two paintings I’ve had sitting aside for AGES.
Today I worked on my Step 4 (and prayed even when I wasn’t really sure if God could hear me)
Today I spent three hours deep-cleaning the bathroom (I know, I live an exciting life).
Today I had a great, productive discussion on this app and am feeling a little less ~terminally unique~.

Happy 24 everyone!

2 Likes

Today I am very happy at 8 days sober.
Today I walked into work on a Monday morning with a clear head and 8 hours of sleep, and it felt amazing.
Today I am really grateful!!

4 Likes

I assumed they did charge. Sure it’s included as you said. Saves me a trip however.

1 Like

Today I will help someone.
Today I will leave the negative behind me.
Today I will try to STAY positive.
Today I will not drink or drug.
Today I will work on myself.
Today I will pray.
Today I will be of service to others.
Today I will not STAY angry.
Today I will work on loving myself.

3 Likes

Same here, I got 30 days once and am back at square one again

Thanks so much for your uplifting posts. I’m really down today, had to skip work hung over, how do I keep committed when I’m feeling better again?

1 Like

For me theres a few things i do. i started a new routine, something that was refreshing and worked. For instance, wake up, smoke a cigg, get coffee, do my responsibilities like feed cats etc, play on phone, read a daily reflection or just for today to get my day started. Gets me thinking in the right mind set. Get ready for work, head to work, pray omw, go to work. Im able to arrive early today which is crazy. Come home, shower, watch tv, eat, spend time with my soon to be wife, go to bed. And i do something along those lines everyday. With a Few extras in there sometimes. Weekends its really important to plan my day out since i have so much free time. Now not saying everyday has to be the same, that would get a lil boring. But just waking up not sick was a miracle for me. And your routine may be totally different from mine, but thats to give you an idea of starting a sober day. Other things i do would be attend AA meetings, thats a big reason im still sober today. I built a support group and got a sponsor. Having support and people to talk to when i want to drink is a big deal. I stay connected with my sponsor and support group also. I got active in the program too, like after so many months i started to chair meetings. Its important! Have you tried any meetings? Just an idea for you. If not, maybe hit a few to see if you like them ya know. You have nothing to lose at this point.
Youve got to do things differently!
I spend time with family. Im able to do things with my nephew today which wouldnt happen jf i was out there. And boy does he love his Aunt Courtney today! Spend some quality time with friends and family. Big deal!
I stay busy! Get healthy habits instead of drinking. The gym, hiking, writing, art, take a class, learn to play music, reading, gardening, do something youve always wanted to do, help someone, volunteer. Theres so many more things than just those, but thats an idea for you! Hope this helps…

Hitting the gym for the first time in I don’t know when. Wish me luck! :weight_lifting_man:

1 Like

Today I:

Woke up Amen (Without a hangover)
I finished all my errands before 10am
I applied for several jobs
I realized exactly what a true friend is
I did math work with my boys during Fall break

And I will:

Not drink
Will cook an amazing meal for my entire family in celebration of 2 weeks!

4 Likes

Today I am attempting my first day of sobriety.

6 Likes