Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

Bloody awesome cuz I loved choose your adventure books and games…

1 Like

Huh, my buddy was just talking about this.

Finished Travelers couple nights ago. Feelings were had.

1 Like

I am on book no.4 of the Expanse series…
Cibola run.
It’s fun. Nothing mind blowing but really fun…and I hate myself for starting cuz now I have to finish …and there is so many…that dude you recommended next.

1 Like

Expanse added to my queue over my break.

Been tearing through Dark Matter since getting back. It’s… pretty good all around. Nothing too, too heavy and another neat premise.

The expanse has a really good cast and story…
Avasarala !!! I love that woman, Shohreh Aghdashloo , the look the voice the role but the voiceee ,…

I liked Dark Matter , can’t say it’s exceptional but I liked it. Driving arround space in a stolen police car making hell with no memories ahahahah

Have you seen Killjoys ? I liked it very much. Don’t know what happened to that show , haven’t been up to date for a long while.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched anything for a long long while…

I know there is a Tv shows binge thread but …

Shoot…

Anyone watched Nightflyers yet? How is it?

1 Like

Added it to my list but still haven’t finished Star trek discovery new episodes

Hey how you doing Umpf?
Is the ST Discovery any good. Big original and NG fan but have not really got into any of the others.

1 Like

I liked ST:Enterprise, a lot. I thought they did a great job of setting the stage for TOS.

1 Like

Liked Enterprise. But then I liked Scott Bakula. Quantum leap was brilliant. Didn’t see many of Enterprise though. Now we’ve got Netflix I could watch them

1 Like

Chronologically it’s the first in the ST universe. The challenge was to seem less technologically advanced than ToS, and to stay true to the ToS cannon. Not something NG and the others had to deal with. I thought the writers and actors did a great job threading that needle

1 Like

So where does Discovery come in?

Not sure, as I haven’t seen it. I think it comes after Enterprise and before ToS, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Watched “Occupation”. Kinda like “Tomorrow When the War Began” (Which is the Australian Red Dawn") meets “Independence Day”. Low budget, but solid acting and pacing made this an enjoyable watch. Added bonus was legit SciFi Babe Stephanie Jacobson. Been a fan since her BSG: Razor and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles days.

I was curious about this movie but it got very bad reviews. I might give it a go now :blush:

1 Like

Geo, thanks for asking man. Kinda started writing a response and had to go to a meeting…

Concerning discovery , it’s after Enterprise and before the original. I watched first two seasons and it’s good. Kinda can’t get used to all the new graphics and storylines as they go with the times but it’s good,I liked it. Season one, the second one I started and idk I can’t really tell cause honestly I am actually sober or starting to be.

Concerning how I am, now messed up really.
While I was trying on my own I was pushing really hard and haven’t had free space to be sober. I was just not drinking. The AA is real powerful stuff and I don’t have a problem with drinking now in a way but I do with life and with the past.
Gotta get trough this and manage and work that shit out…and obviously there is a lot of it.

Cool good to know. I might have a look at that.
Glad you’re getting somewhere. I know what you mean about life and things. I’m starting to get my head into going to meetings. I think I’ve found one to call home and I’ll go from there. It’s taken me a while but I know what I’m doing at the moment is like you, just not drinking. Think I need to up the game before I make a mistake.

1 Like

Started Titans … I am waiting for Leon to show up. Raven as Natalie Portman exactly , can’t get past that yet, loved Leon …

2 Likes

I know i know… I’m WAAAAY behind the times… wife and i just started watching Game of Thrones last week. Already midway thru season 2. I feel like calling out sick for a week and plowing thru the entire series!!!

4 Likes