Get with a program (a personal choice)

Good morning everyone, haven’t shared for awhile so just wanted to spread the hope of recovery to anyone that wants to listen ,I’m 80 days clean tomorrow morning 80 DAYS WOW I really never thought when I started this journey that I’d end up where I am today so I’m so proud ,the first 30/40 days was just reajusting to not being in hell and using against my will,there were lots of highs and lows but I took advice and tried to start building the start of my recovery I took all and any any advice I’d do anything and everything not to go back to my living hell,I found around the 40 day mark though other addictions were creeping in like over cleaning,over eating and gambling I knew I was going in the right direction but I knew there was something massive missing atp in my recovery again I reached out and explained how I felt and I was advised to get a program and that for anybody is a personal choice so it could be n.a,a.a,smart recovery and all the rest that are out there,so I then made the decision to go to an n.a meeting I’ve been going for 4 weeks now ladsnight I spoke shared as I do each week as it’s a small group but there no rules you have to and I asked that if there was any temporary sponsors out there I’m looking for one so again that thing I was missing that void has been filled with new friends ,friends that share there darkest moments with me how hounerd am I so since doing that my life has become to make more sense,so if you are reading this and you are wondering why are you feeling so lost or angry or lonely etc etc etc maybe it’s time you thought about your next step ,we all became addict to fill some type of void within ourselves and if sitting in a room and talking and sharing just fills that void just abit I’m all for that ,have a blessed day .X​:heart::v::pray:

29 Likes

What a lovely share to wake up to Emm. Well done girl. Proof that it works if you work it!

3 Likes

Thanks Geo I really do feel like I’ve turnt a corner in my recovery.have a great day.xx

2 Likes

You really have blossomed into a beautiful soul. God be with you always.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I’m really proud of your progress :two_hearts::bird:

2 Likes

This was such an inspiring post! Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had 10 years clean and sober and went back out for 15 years. I just reached my 30 days and can’t be more grateful for the AA/NA programs. Keep up the good work and NEVER give up.

7 Likes

My girl! Do you remember how these threads used to start? It was some problem or issue that you were having, you were reaching out for help, you recieved many supportive replies, and you did the things. Now you have started a thread that is to help others! So much progress! I can see you becoming a great sponsor yourself down the road, truly one of the best. But for now, you are fulfilling your own promises one day at a time!

I’m so proud, my girl!

9 Likes

It’s a joy seeing you work your recovery…such strength and growth. And your kindness towards others is inspiring, especially new people who are worried and nervous. Thanks for sharing! :heart:

6 Likes

@Lilemm thank you. Your post brings hope to me.I need to be reminded constantly that to win this battle is possible

3 Likes

Always so proud of you and your journey! They always say you’re stuck at the same age as when you started using and only until you quit can you begin to grow mentally and spiritually. It’s been an honor becoming an adult with you, lol! Keep going girl! 90 days for me today. You’re right around the corner! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

7 Likes

Great thing it worked for You, but I somehow can’t find any essential help from AA meetings.
Let’s face it, it’s once per week meeting, which lasts for like an hour or hour and half.
Makes me wonder in what ways could that benefit a recovering addict :thinking:

Ah mate it’s a privilege the houour is all mine.:heart::v::pray:

1 Like

Maybe your not there yet I was in and out the rooms for years before it helped me your know when you know

1 Like

That’s why I put get with the program

A PERSONAL CHOICE.
I hope you find what your looking for eventually.all the best

Do you have the blue chair app? It shows you all the meeting around your area. The closest meetings to me are 28 miles away in any direction but the one I attend is Monday-Friday and on the weekends if I feel I need a meeting I choose a random meeting in a different city. That app has been a life saver for me (if you like to attend AA meetings)

Edit- If you prefer other types of meetings or get togethers there are a lot to find online.

2 Likes

Great bit of advice I live in a village and there’s more than 2/3 I can get too yes there aa n I’m more suited to n.a but beggers can’t be choosers ahhh

1 Like

Maybe it’s that not everyone clicks right with such things.
Hearing stories of successful sober people is nice, yes.
Though, what’s else is there to these AA, etc. meetings?

Thanks, though I’m from the small city and I don’t think I would feel good to travel to a bigger city, just to attend the meeting.

I have no NA meetings around me at all so my AA is basically everyone smashed into one room. 75% introduce as addict/alcoholic so I fit right in! :hugs:

2 Likes

Did you get telephone it not just about the meeting sweet it’s about the ppl in it how you help eachother,getting numbers getting a sponsor you don’t have to rush it, getting there early for cuppa and chat staying afterwards to help out more chatting and for me alot of laughter aswell then before you know it you got some decent mates a great sponsor.dont be so quick to put it to one side my friend