Getting clean off benzos

This is my tenth Day without Clonazepam and xanax!! Im proud, that i want a better life.
No One of us deserves to be painfully hooked on benzo. It takes over my life, and its Just a small litte White pill, and it had so much power that i really need to show my family and friends, that im sick and tired of The fu…ing life dominated by drugs…
I give my gratitude and respect to Jesus Kristus,. For giving me energy to go trough this.
Thank you Lord :gift_heart:

7 Likes

Proud of you dude. Xanax withdrawal is terrible. The cravings for it are the worst. Especially during anxiety attacks. Stay strong and know its all in your mind. Also drinking herbal tea helps calm your body and mind during anxiety. Good luck #onelove.

4 Likes

Hi there. I’ve been taking xanax for my anxiety for about 8 years now. I’ve never upped my dose. I’ve always been on the 0.5mg twice a day. I know I need to stop taking them. Since I’ve been sober from alcohol, today is day 314, I’ve noticed a difference in my cognitive functioning. I’m very forgetful, space out a lot when I’m in a conversation with someone and just feeling blah, for lack of a better word. This is not the person that I am or use to be. I don’t want to spend time with family anymore. I feel I’m not as Witty as I used to be. Almost like my brain has slowed down. I want my old self back!

I went ahead and did a little reading up on the long term effects of prolonged use of Xanax and everything that I’m reading seems to be on the list of side effects of Xanax addiction. So I’ve made the decision to start weaning myself off of them.

This is the first week of me cutting the pill in half ( 0.25 mg ) twice a day. The headaches are incredible and I feel very off balance. Did you experience any of those symptoms?

And a big congrats to you! I’m still working on the smoking thing. What a pain in the ass this is!

1 Like

Xanax is a very strong Benzo. You might want to read or research a little more before cutting it in half. I’ve tried that and the withdrawal is hell. I learned about tapering a little slower than that, and it’s not as bad on the body. The headaches tell me I’m tapering too fast. One .5mg xanax equals 10 mg Valium!

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

I was taking 1mg Xanax a day for 2.5 months straight. Mainly to help me sleep as my anxiety was so bad. I started to notice no joy for life, I didn’t want to wake up in the mornings, and felt really down and depressed, like I have nothing to look forward to or live for. This is not me! So I knew something was wrong and looked up Xanax and how it can actually cause depression, or worsen depression, even though it’s prescribed to help calm anxiety. I called my doctor and she told me to take .5 a day for 1 week and then .5 every other day for 2 to 3 weeks. And that was just for 2.5 months of use! It’s a scary thing so I’d suggest calling your doctor for their advise on tapering. And congrats on listening to your body!

1 Like