Getting cravings, damn

So it’s Wednesday afternoon on my day off and usually by this time in the afternoon I’d already have started ‘day drinking’. Slight urge to have ‘just one’. Which is a total myth as it’s never just one. Seltzer water please save me​:pray::shamrock:

7 Likes

Hang in there. I’m at 10 and know how you feel. Read around in here. It helps alot and passes time. Keep the mind moving if you can

2 Likes

My days off were hard too! But realize what an absolute waste it is on many levels.

2 Likes

Cravings come and go depending on our environment. Stay low key, but stay busy. The first couple weeks is the hardest imo. Start brainstorming on ways you can stay sober that will hopefully work for you.

4 Likes

Expect cravings in the beginning, then plan on how you will kick their ass!

2 Likes

Hanging on in there. Thanks for the support :pray::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I struggle on days off and long weekends are hard for me especially if it’s nice and sunny.

Don’t go there!
It’s easier to deal with a bit of craving than it is to deal with the guilt and inadequate feelings afterwards.

Plus we know it’s never just one. That’s just how our brain tricks us into starting

I agree with @Thirdmonkey accept the craving for what it is and let it pass. It’s okay to have a craving, it’s just not okay to give in to them. The more accepting of them you are the less power they carry. Hang in there

1 Like