Girl Walks Out of a Bar

…is an incredible book by Lisa F Smith. It’s about her battle with addiction and journey into recovery. I got the book yesterday and just finished it today. I could not put it down.

Lisa along with a young woman named Tauney do a podcast called “Recovery Rocks” I’ve been obsessed since stumbling upon it a week ago. I highly recommend it.

19 Likes

Read it, loved it. :heart:

1 Like

One of my favorite reads on getting sober!

2 Likes

Howdy, i will have to read it. Good seeing you post, feels like its been forever

3 Likes

And we miss you around here @Brookiemonster618! Hope you are well.

2 Likes

Thanks @SassyRocks and @anon46927530. It has been a long time and this time I’m still going strong. 10 months on august 10th. Can’t believe it!! Hope you both are doing well too!

8 Likes

So happy for you. You worked so hard! All is well with me. :heart: 850 days yesterday!

6 Likes

Doing well here! So proud of you! Keep growing and adding those 24hrs!

3 Likes

You show 'em :blush:

1 Like

850 days is incredible!!! Makes me so happy to hear!!

2 Likes

Looooved this book. I felt like it was me on many occasions!!! :heart:

2 Likes

I just finished and it was great!! I loved it.

2 Likes

Keep up the good work @Brookiemonster618! And Sassy wow 850 days! Congrats to both of ya.

2 Likes

Hey girly!!! How are you?!?!?! I’ve been needing a new book and just seen this post. I’ll have to check it out.

I’m back for good. I just finished day 7 :hugs:

I’m so proud of you on your 10+ months! That’s freaking awesome.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I am SO HAPPY you’re back and kicking ass!! I’ve miss you!! Definitely a wonderful read this book is. I literally could not put it down, I will say it might be a bit triggering, it was for me but it’s an incredible story.

I just finished A Happier Hour which is cool because her story actually starts at the end of her drinking into sobriety, so like 90% of the book is her sober. And right now I’m working on The Sober Diaries which she starts at Day 0. So, a couple more good reads. So those are definitely good for encouragement about sobriety, very inspirational. :slight_smile: so glad you’re back!! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I’ll definitely have to check it out. So far I have This Naked Mind. I love to read and something that can’t be done while drunk so I’m excited to get back to reading.

:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I read This Naked Mind last week (I’ve been going thru a book every few days). I li like it cuz it’s true scientific based facts about alcohol itself, what it does to your body, and the marketing behind it. She says how by the end of the book you will have no desire to pick up a drink ever again. While idk if I would go that far, drinking does seem even more like a turn off after reading that book.

1 Like