Give me your eye 👁

What a striking color!

3 Likes

Dialted and full of yellow dye :sweat_smile: but i did the reaponsible thing and got my eye health checked out. Go me. Lol

12 Likes

Wow! Green! :green_heart: Beautiful!

1 Like

And a big pupil because of the eye drops I presume? I had such check a few times and afterwards I can’t see a thing because I can’t focus :see_no_evil: I hate it!

1 Like

Oh yeah, my darl sunglasses needed to be just a bit darker today also lol but its wearing off now and my vision is returning. That numbing dye was weird. Everything turned yellow freakishly once those drops hit my eyes. It was cool

1 Like

Stunning! :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I’ve had that done once and it was terrible!! My current doctor uses some machine that my insurance doesn’t cover but at least it isn’t the drops and it isn’t too expensive. I tried to decline and the nurse told me I couldn’t decline it because the doctor requires it for all patients :confused:

You and I both know you can refuse any medical treatment, at any time. The advantage of such a machine is that it does not require the waiting time of the numbing and dilating drops, allowing the doctor to see more patients per day.

Man, I get cynical in a hurry, don’t i?

3 Likes

Oh I know I could have refused but apparently this doctor wouldn’t have seen me if I did and of course he is the only eye doctor in town covered by my insurance. I just paid the $40 and went on.
But that would make sense as to why he likes the machine. Max out the patients

4 Likes

I just realized you can see my daughters reflection in my huge dialated pupil :rofl: i had her take the picture.

2 Likes

I dunno but it looks really cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Got it! Thank you, American Academy of Ophthalmology:

• For people with green or hazel eyes, one or both of the layers of the iris contains light brown pigment. The light brown pigment interacts with the blue light and the eye can look green or speckled.
  • Many people have variations in the color of their irises, often with one color near the pupil and another at the edge. This variation happens when different parts of the iris have different amounts of pigment in them.

Fascinating. (If you look at the sections here they have a whole set of interesting facts about eye colour. Perfect for this thread :star_struck:)

6 Likes

If someone had told me yesterday that tomorrow i would start my day by reading about why my eyes are blue and why @Piglet86 has a halo in hers …well id have to question it.
Brilliant Matt. Thankyou.:+1:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing Chris! Now I understand why my I looks grey sometimes and very light blue in different circumstances and why my oldest son had purple (!) eyes the first few months of his life.
Fascinating!
I :heart::eye::eye::eye:

2 Likes

Ireland And Scotland

More than 57% of the approximately 4.9 million people who call Ireland home have blue eyes, narrowing the divide between those with brown or blue eyes to nearly even. About half of Scots are blue-eyed, with DNA studies from a sampling of 12,000 people conducted by ScotlandsDNA determining the highest number of gene mutations were found in Edinburgh, the Lothians, and Borders. Some researchers believe the prevalence of blue eyes in the country could stem from them being seen as more attractive with a natural sparkle, which is likely caused by the reflection of light not typically seen in brown eyes, which absorb melanin—meaning blue-eyed people are more likely to procreate and pass on their genes.

4 Likes

So Ray - can we see a photo of your eye? :eye:

4 Likes

Voila
124413_2

2 Likes

:laughing:

Hmmmm… this makes me wonder if the Scots inspired Jonathan Swift, for the Lilliputians :thinking: :innocent:

1 Like

i have had my cataracts done ten years ago now so new lenses here 70 year old eye :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Looks good Ray! :star_struck:

1 Like