Glad to be back!

Well, I’m back after a 18 month hiatus. Back because I can’t live this way any longer. I have a great life yet I let alcohol make it something other than great. I highly function yet know my body and mind is dying. I want to experience this new great life those who have been able to stay sober speak about. Original member on and off since 2016. Hello everybody.

33 Likes

Welcome back. You’re amongst friends.

5 Likes

Welcome back! I was just looking at an old post you were on and wondering where you had gone.

5 Likes

Hello again, my friend. It’s nice to have you back.

3 Likes

Hello there and welcome back :raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

Hello :wave::people_hugging: glad you are back welcome!

2 Likes

I remember you and glad you are back!

2 Likes

Welcome back! One day at a time. I can say a very similar story for me. It’s so much better without drinking. I know I have to work on that every day but it’s very freeing to not be handcuffed by your DOC. Feed off the good feelings and come here when you don’t.
We are all with you!

1 Like

Welcome back! Andy Dufresne said it well in Shawshank Redemption… “I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying.”

2 Likes

Welcome back, Ryan. I have been here off and on since 2016, too. I remember you. I am currently on Day 9 and putting all the tools back into place. I have had varying lengths of sobriety over the years and this will be my last go. I hope it will be for you, too.

I look forward to hearing your plan to stay sober this time around.

3 Likes

Welcome back! I also remember you! :blush: I hope you can find some help here and and really find sobriety this time. It is time, buddy. I have faith in you and am so proud of you for coming back and trying again.

Welcome back Ryan👍

Welcome back home :relaxed:

Welcome back, it’s good to see you again :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, we married in October. I get functioning can trigger someone who’s maintaining sobriety. What I meant is I’ve been able to struggle through enough to advance at work, buy a new home and car, but certainly not functioning at even 50% of my true potential.

2 Likes

I’ll get back to y’all when I have more time to verbalize my plan for winning this time.

4 Likes

Welcome back to sobriety. You deserve to feel happy and be sober. Take it one day at a time. You got this!

Welcome back!

It is so good to see you back!! I saw you reply on another post and had to come looking for your re-introduction.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

3 Likes

Hi VSue! Great to hear from you and it makes my heart swell when members from the past visit! You’re right, I can do this. 7 days strong today. I’m off work today and going to visit my buddy who got sober 6 months ago. I played golf for the first time in nearly a year on Saturday (my passion). Things are going well.

6 Likes