Going into detox this weekend

Please wish me luck. To anyone struggling let me remind you nothing has changed out there. It’s full of pain, guilt and only wants to slowly kill you. I had almost 1 year when the Corona virus struck and ruined my schedule I had with working, going to the gym and then my meetings. On top of that the government was handing out money to an addict who was isolating and had nothing to keep him occupied. I want to be that person I was before. I will be the person who was full of joy, excitement, loved being with family, was honest and didn’t have to lie to live two lives. Thank you

24 Likes

Go for it! I wish you all the luck. Give it all you have and you will get there again.

2 Likes

Good for you!! I commend you for acknowledging that you effed up and more importantly that you’re doing something about it. I’ve seen too many people relapsing lately that come back on here, not willing to admit that what they’re doing isn’t working, and not putting the effort into doing something different. I wish you the best in detox. Check back with us and let us know how you’re doing.

1 Like

I absolutely will. Thank you for the kind words. I plan on doing a 28 day program and then hopefully long term. I’m giving it up all to God now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :pray::two_hearts:

1 Like

Best of luck mate, You can do this! :+1:

1 Like

You can do this, good luck

1 Like

Wise choice, my friend. There are countless casualties amongst recovering addicts/alcoholics these days. I’m glad to see you won’t be one of the worst casualties. That place of desperation you find yourself in right now was my absolute saving grace. I put my life in the hands of professionals and never looked back.

Welcome to the forum, Tony. Its nice to meet you. :heart:

1 Like

Everything is everything and we have to sometimes pick our bags up in walk. Ur on the rite track and there ain’t nothing wrong w/having to hit detox back up. You’ve been given another chance so the question is what are you gonna do w/it this go round? What do you need to change about you? I remember I asked myself that question in my sponsor had said everything! I was like dam lol. Its gonna be OK bro just keep pressing forward this is the beginning of a long future just know that this thing called addiction waits us out feel me so stay plunged in like a light switch so you don’t miss anything being plunged in around you

3 Likes

Good for you!!! My son is in a detox center now then will be going to a 30 day rehab center. This is his 2nd time as well. I wish you the best of luck! We’ve all got you​:pray::heart:

1 Like

Good luck. You can do it. Just be patient with yourself and take it one moment at a time. Your only job during this time is to take care of you. Focus on that.

1 Like