Going to a meeting today

So, I’m one of those real alcoholics. Not the kind that has a few to many at the party. Not the kind that feels bad for saying something wrong after a few. Im a true blue shit blood and keep on going type. I can crush 20 plus beers a day and keep it all together. I decided this week ive had it (again).

I’m excited about making my second meeting in two days and didnt want to vent to non alcys close to me…i know this is a safe place and so here I am to say IM MAKING A MEETING TODAY AND I DONT CARE HOW INSANE I AM OR FEEL.

Love you all.

-Luke

9 Likes

Sounds like a great plan. Chin up

3 Likes

I went! More characters.

2 Likes

Are you going to do 90 meetings in 90 days? That’s a really big thing by me. I’ve seen quite a few people do this and it’s an awesome accomplishment. Not me though. Anyway, you’re doing really good. Keep it up. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I cant due to my work schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Right now im just trying to hit a meeting a day.

Thanks. Dont feel like im doing well and i wish the withdrawls would go away. Its amazing how hard a few day relapse hits me. Ugh. Nothing fun about drinking anymore for me.

3 Likes

Glad you are hitting meetings. Nothing changes if nothing changes. And shit needs to change my friend. You are worth a sober life and I want you to find it!

1 Like

Thanks! Will be hitting a 3rd meeting in 3 days later on.

I was hoping this time home would stick for me, but one holiday party and I was off to the races and back to 24/7 drinking. Thankfully it only lasted like 4 or 5 days (which is insane when I read that back). Luckily I wisened up and realized I cant do it alone. Its tough for me to get to meetings mentally but I know they are good places for me. One day at a time. I am just so sick of relapsing hard and afraid! I hope I can keep making meetings because im starting to get afraid for my life.

Also I made an appointment with a drug and alcohol counselor for next time I get off my boat. I called one last time and never got a call back and just said “eh I tried” and clearly that didnt work. Lol. Anyway its frustrating to have to keep figuring this out but thank you to everyone for allowing me to keep coming back.

2 Likes

Day 3. Nice meeting. Roads are crazy with christmas shoppers though!

I’m really glad to see you trying something different and out of your comfort zone. Alcoholism feeds on our apathy - your quote of “eh, I tried” is so typical, isn’t it? And for you, as for me, there is no try, only do or do not. And you are doing.

1 Like

I stopped going to meetings and its no suprise what happened.

I want sobriety.