Going to be a long hard road

Today is my first day of recovery… I no its not much but this was a hard step to take in its self… Proud of myself for doing this

17 Likes

You should be proud!! Thats the hardest step, well that one and the 10,000 afterwards lol, but they’re all just like a series of knots. Once you know you want to be free and you figure out that you can untie yourself the rest is just honesty, work and support. We can help with support a lot, but in person help is even better in many ways. Its exciting being on this path and nuturing that inner you. The person you’re ment to be and the person you know is inside.

Im proud of you. Welcome to the forum! :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Blackburn81
Take it 1 day at a time and stick around, it helps to know you’re not alone. :hugs:

4 Likes

Welcome, friend! I hope to see you stay sober and enjoy it!

5 Likes

Welcome! Day one thru 10 were the toughest for me. I now am working towards 5 months with the help of aa and this forum. There are people here at every step of recovery with support and advice if needed. Just listen to your body and rest up. One day at a time!

6 Likes

Welcome!

Don’t see it as only one day, see it as a first day of new, better life.

And Yes to get to that one day is very hard too, probably hardest to achieve.

Just, remember there is no such think as ‘only one drink’ or even ‘only one sip’.

4 Likes

Hello, Im proud of you too & congradulations on your new life…I have been sober for many years & am a firm beliver in sobriety & that drugs & alcohol are not the answer or a good solution to lifes never ending challenges…AA works & helps build a good foundation in the beginning to your new way of life…hang in there & keep going to meetings online & in person…Rick

4 Likes

It gets easier each day…dont ever give up , after your sober …3 - 5 years plus it should get easier…

2 Likes

If I can do it so can you…Ive been sober since the early 90s…Rick

4 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community.
How are you doing today?

2 Likes

You’ve got this!!! Take it one day at a time. Do not drink today, no matter what and then repeat. Welcome to this awesome community. If you are ever feeling a little down, post on here and read through others post. There is so much inspiration on here it’s amazing. Stay strong!!

2 Likes

You made the first step which in my opinion is the Hardest. Keep your head up and continue to believe in yourself. Be proud of yourself you got this. I will be 1 year sober tomorrow September 22nd it’s been a beautiful year. Be strong.

3 Likes

You should be very proud!

How is day 2 going?

2 Likes

Thank u so much…that means alot

Its not too bad but I cant quit crapping…any ideas?

Thanks rick