Going to give up heroin

I have been using heroine for 6 years and have tried to get clean at least 100 times or more, never reaching any real lengths of time. Most of my attempts never made it past the first couple of days due to not wanting to feel the pain of withdrawal.today I’m going to try one last time and this time I will definitely beat the enemy who has been destroying my life

If someone going through something similar situation please leave a message

9 Likes

Glad you’re determined, what are you going to do this time around to combat the withdrawals so it’s not the 101st time?

2 Likes

It’s not 101,for sure, I have recently faced so many bad things because of heroine . This time I’m lot of energy.and I need bit of motivation to be fulfilled my goal.that why I’m here

You’ve never said these same exact things in all the attempts to quit before?

Have you made any attempts to taper down?

You know the WDs are gonna be bad, so get your orange juice, couch puking station and netflix set up.

Just don’t pick up, you’ll never get through WDs if you use.

2 Likes

I dont know what you’ve tried so far beyond will power alone, but I strongly suggest getting to an NA meeting ASAP. For me it’s the only thing that works! I’d be dead long ago without the fellowship. The 12 step program, and the meetings are what makes it possible. You can meet so many people in the same situation. People who have been where you’re too and can share with you their experience strength and hope! They’re the only people who can truly empathize and understand us. They’re the only people who can share personal experience of how an addict gets themself clean from an addicts point of view! I hope this helps! And remember any addict can stay clean Just For Today!

3 Likes

Do you have any plan? Just doing this cold turkey? It isnt going to be easy and physical wd may last longer then a week or 2. Make sure to drink plenty of water, get a multi vitamin, rls legs otc med, then just relax listen to music and detox. Unfortunately it causes insomnia so you wont be getting much sleep the first month.

4 Likes

You can do this!!! Dont give into your urges!! Go clean your bathroom toilet, or scrub the dishes. Do something else! We are all here for you!

1 Like

@Lahiru I’m in the same position as you. I don’t want to call it day 1becuase there have been so many day 1s and then I gave up! Perhaps it’s coincidence that we are both starting today. Perhaps in a year’s time we’ll be celebrating 1 years sobriety together? But let’s both aim to get through today! One thing I learned this year when I lost someone close to me: we are all stronger than we think. Wishing you strength and all the very best

1 Like

thanks for your helpful advice, really appreciate :+1::+1:

@Mitchell i would like to be able to attend such programs program but unfortunately County where I currently living in thare is no programs. So I have to do everything on my own

@Donnie I going through somthing simmer situation as you mentioned, didn’t get enough sleep last week, anyway I have been drinking good amounts of water and it’s really helps. Thnks for your advice really appreciate

@AliciaMarie04 thank you so much been here for me, I can’t talk about this matter with my parents or friends, thnks you for your helpful advices

1 Like

@Ziggy2 I’m very glad to hear that you also trying to escape from that bad dream,we should definitely celebrate one year sober time together, so stay strong :muscle:, I’m right here with you. Let do this :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

That’s very unfortunate! This Talking Sober message board will be very helpful to you I’m sure! Lots of people with experience to help share what they have been through :slight_smile:

Yes definitely, I’m so glad I found this forum. I listened to this podcast yesterday https://www.gurlstalk.com/ they are doing a special month on addiction. This guys story was amazing I thought. Wishing you strength x

Passing same situation. Just past 24 hours without that holy shit.
Let me pass you some tips,
Drink hot water or coffee
Change your mobile number
Don’t let your friends to contact you.
Keep filling your stomach
Listen to music you loved
Watch good movies
Stay healthy otherwise you can’t deal with the pain. Keep your mind busy.
It’s now or never.
Wish you all the best brother!

You can do this! But you actually got to do it and quit just talking about it. I tried 100 times and then some more and I’m finally having success. I didnt give up before the miracle happened and boy am I glad I didnt give up. Take the suggestions above and keep reaching out for help. Dont get caught in your own head about using either. Using will kill you! Reach out for help first. If you cant detox yourself. Maybe a detox center or rehab would be useful to you. They were for me anyways… putting the drugs down is the easiest part. It’s the stayi g stopped that kicked my ass. I’d go through detox, just to feel better, and pick up again. How I did that repeatedly and lived to tell about it. I have no idea. But I’m here today to carry the message to you. If you need to talk, I’ll be around…
P.s. just noticed your post was from a month ago, hope your having success at recovery. Check in with us please.

Drink lots of tea

Get charcoal pills and imodium

Melatonin even though you won’t get sleep the first week it helped me with restless legs for some reason

Get out and walk around even if it’s for a few minutes

Keep an ice pack and hot towel ready for cold sweats and heat flashes

Definitely change your number

Eat a lot of soups

Just remember why it is your getting clean
Good luck to you and make sure to check in if you need help.

I hope you’re doing well!