Going to try aa tomorrow...nervous!

I dont like to cry in front of people but when I know people genuinely care about me and my situation I can feel it and I lose it. That’s my fear. grrrr Plus being the ‘new girl’ is always uncomfortable but everything is uncomfortable at first. I know I have to take this first step though not only for me but for my kids, my family and the friends that say they want to stop but dont. I feel like the leader.

Anyways…

6 Likes

I did this same thing and went to my first meeting Thursday morning. I cried before and in my way there and then cried at the meeting. Everyone was so kind and welcoming and encouraging. They GET IT. Let those emotions out - it’s a safe place! Good luck! You got this. :two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid to try some different meetings. The first is the hardest, of course, but I have found AA to be all about journey, rather than a group think thing. I’ve had to shop around for the meetings that fit me best.
Blessings on your house :pray:.

1 Like

Good advice from @SinceIAwoke. Try different meetings to find the ones you really like and connect with. Always know the people in the rooms want to be there for you.

Welcome to the greatest club you never knew you wanted to be a part of!!

3 Likes

Oh the tears!! I couldn’t even share for my first weeks worth of meetings because I was always a second away from crying. So I knew I would choke up if I tried to talk. And cry I did when I first shared with the group. But it was okay. They understood. :wink:

I cried the big ugly cry for probably my first seven or eight meetings. I still cry through about half my shares. It’s absolutely fine; my sponsor says those tears are like a cleansing rain. Cheesy, but probably true!

2 Likes

Believe it or not … Everyone in that room has been to thier first meeting too and understand these feelings and do not force u to talk. Just go and listen thats the only requirement. You can walk out whenever as your not obligated to be there. It does feel wierd at first just like a new job but after few meetings ( it took Me a month) to finally get comfortable with going…

1 Like

Being uncomfortable means there is growth happening … That’s the best thing :heart:️ AA is a great place I cry all the time lol your future self will absolutely thank for going to meetings… Just find strong women stay away from guys bc they are drama in early soberity… Get a sponsor do your steps and life will become a beautiful work of art with serenity and peace and you will wonder why it took u so long to get therr. good luck sweetie, you got this

2 Likes

I went into my first meeting not wanting a thing to do with it. These people at meetings were once where you are. And they make you feel so welcomed. My first meeting was amazing, so many women (i chose to go to a women only one in the beginning) were so kind, caring. It will be nervous but once there and in your life will change.

Not to sound corny but Crying is a beautiful gesture not only of emotional release but to show how much it means to you.

As for being the leader, just YouTube (dancing leadership) :). I hope you’ll find it useful