Goint to try again

Last time I made it about 37 days almost. I was really doing great and felt great. After I fell I went back down the wrong path. Its been about a week and Ive just been drinking everyday. And lots. Yesterday it was 10 beers and a pint of vodka. Im sober today but feel horrible. Anyways Im back and Im going to try this again!

11 Likes

Its difficult. But if you want to succeed im sure you could. Im at 210 days and never in my wildest dreams after my wildest nights did I think id get this far. I know it sounds cheesy but If I can, you can. Good luck to you.

6 Likes

Glad you are still here with us Andrea!
Do you have a plan how to stay sober? It helps me a lot to have a sort of a guideline for myself.
I will share it with you so you know what I mean.

• No alcohol in my house
  • Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
  • Telling my spouse about my sober plan
  • Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
  • Having a day counter
  • Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
  • Taking a strong vitamine B complex
  • Taking melatonin to help me sleep
  • Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
  • When I have cravings: I don’t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
  • Ask for help when I need it.
  • Be here every day to read and check in sober.

I stick to this plan. I am here every day since my day one. Today I’m 183 days sober.
I wish you a sober life too :heart:
You can do it!! :facepunch:

7 Likes

You managed 37 days.
You just need to work out what happened.
It’s not an easy journey, but if this something you really want, then you will have to work out what is getting in the way. I’ve not touched a drop for 138 days now. If you’d said I’d be here, sober this time last year I would have laughed at you. I did laugh at my wife when she suggested I try and moderate. I drank all day and every day.
But now, I’m a totally different person.
If you really want this you can do it! I did.:grinning:

2 Likes

Also so many great books and podcasts (and many today by women to help inspire you). My short list of favorites right now include This Naked Mind, The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober and Tired of Thinking About Drinking. The last book (downloadable from Belle Robertson’s website) also has a long appendix of tools you can try to develop your own sobriety plan.

2 Likes

I’ve had to restart so many times. First time I went about 2 weeks. Second time about 30 days. Then 60 days. Then 90 days. Today I am at 113 days.

If you stop to think about what went wrong and what you can do differently this time it will get better and better. Maybe even easier and easier. But it is important to make sure you do something different this time since what you did before was clearly not enough/right.

You can do it. And I hope that this is your last reset. It isn’t fun doing it over and over like I did.

3 Likes