Gonna be a tuff day!

Today I’m 3 days sober. My husband just told me he wants a divorce due to my drinking. So I’m here at work tears falling and all I can think about is a beer, it seems to take all the pain away… it’s gonna be a tuff day!

3 Likes

Just think through what that beer has done for you so far and then what it will do or not do for you if you drink it?

3 Likes

That beer will not take your problems away. It will cause illusion of safety while in reality it’s the cause of your pain and tears.
Stay sober and no matter what the outcome will be in the long term everything will be better while sober than when drunk.

4 Likes

Oh honey, hugs. I’m so sorry to hear this but I’m so glad you have already started your road to sobriety. That drink won’t make anything better, it would actually do the opposite and confirm to your husband thathe did the right thing. Give it time and get sober for YOU. Are you currently working any type of program? The fellowship really may help you if now. We are here if you need to vent, cry, laugh anything! Just stay sober with us love.

6 Likes

I’m not attending any programs at this time… I need to look into a Fellowship group close by me.

3 Likes

I can look up the local AA service center for ya. What area do you live in?

1 Like

Stay strong and dont drink. It can get worse. Work on you and show him. He will see the difference in you. I am sure he loves you.

I live in the Alamo Ranch area here in San Antonio

1 Like

We had a face-to-face talk just now and he said he’s done he wants a divorce . I had to leave the house I couldn’t be there and it’s so hard not to stop and get a beer and make everything better.

Sorry to hear about your difficult day. Unfortunately alcohol got you into this situation but it sure won’t get you out of it. I had to find a meeting or 7, talk to close friends and family about my desire to get sober, got medicine from my DR and educated myself with books(the naked mind was helpful) and documentaries. Take care of yourself. Drink lots of water and take your vitamins. You can do this. Keep coming here.

1 Like

I just started that book yesterday…

1 Like

Didn’t the beer make everything worse?
I am separated from my wife because I chose my addictions over her. I want to use until I remember that was the reason she’s gone, it’s not going to get her back.
Stay sober, you deserve it.

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you for the positive feedback, I didn’t drink at all today even though it was hard. Good night

2 Likes

Not to step in where @Englishd left off, but your local branch here: http://www.aasanantonio.org/meetings

May you find fellowship and a new beginning there, and of course here as well. Happy to hear you held strong today. Peace tonight, and come back often! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve been fairly busy tonight so I haven’t had a chance to look shit up

I’ve seen you do it for so many others, I thought just this once I could get off my butt and lend a hand. :v:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Hi @Lucky74. The same thing happened to me. I quit drinking to save my marriage. She divorced me anyway. A few weeks after that I lost my job of almost 15 years. It was the worst time of my life. I remained sober through it all. I did it for me. I was blessed by God with great support and a good sponsor to keep me on the right path.

Whatever is meant to be as an outcome be strong and trust God. I am in a better place than I was then.

1 Like

What @Lucky74 is reminding me of its that I don’t so much want a drink at times as I want relief. When the only way out is through and it looks like that will hurt, well I’d rather just not, thank you!

I find relief with my sober friends, with my tribe, with my higher power. Blessings on your house :pray:.

2 Likes