Gonna get me a geetar! (Eventually...)

I’m going to use the money I save from not drinking and smoking to buy a nice acoustic-electric guitar. I got some gift cards for guitar center on Christmas to start me off. So far I’ve saved $115 or so (according to the deal I struck up with the wife. It’s actually more like $150, but I shouldn’t have been spending as much as I was so we settled on a smaller amount per week.)

I went to potentially buy my guitar today and realized it’s going to take another four to five months to reach the amount needed for the guitar I really want. That realization nearly served as a drinking trigger, oh the silly alcoholic mind…

5 Likes

That’s a great goal. Glad you didn’t let it get to you. That doggone stinkin thinkin…lol!

2 Likes

Awesome goal! Let the music flow bro. What kind you looking at? Taylor?

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes, since I was 6 years old. Have never had a nice acoustic though

2 Likes

Lol! Hell yeah man

Right on. I’ve just recently gotten back into playing myself. Music has been my saving grace to stay sober so far. Been studying theory and actually working on understanding the guitar as opposed to just learning songs. It’s amazing how much easier it’s been with a clear head. Taylor’s are nice, I was looking at them years ago. I went with a Gibson J-185 EC though. Been on an electric kick lately, trying to get better at playing to a metronome. That’s an excellent idea to use the money saved towards a nice item for yourself. I just recently bought a nice turntable. New speakers and receiver is next.

2 Likes

Great goal @Tombolini. I need new strings for my really old Hyundai. I only play by ear, but love a good singsong with my family. My kids think it’s funny I can’t read music, so I remind them we couldn’t afford lessons as kids, and I saved up so they could learn, they’re G8 piano with theory…cheeky bleeders…lol

1 Like