Good Morning Algonquin!

Such an awesome sober morning this is! First solo backpacking trip with my # 1 bitch haha :laughing:

I had my doubts about going alone and not being able to stop myself from drinking, but I told those negative self doubts to go f*ck themselves! I’m feeling confident and so excited!!! I’m heading into Algonquin Park, Ontario! Let’s do this :+1:t3:

Has anyone else gone on a solo camping trip before?

7 Likes

I’m intrigued! Have never camped solo or camped sober for that matter, sounds like a great way to celebrate some pure sobriety and soak it all in with zero distractions. Next time the wife and kid are out of town I’m doing this.

1 Like

I solo frequently. My favorite way to camp. Nice hike in and out makes it even better. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ve never camped alone, but I’ve done quite a few long day hikes alone. It’s good for meditation and spirituality!

1 Like

It was fantastic!! You should definitely try it sometime! Having nothing but the things I carried in and no cell service was so freeing and relaxing! I loved it!!! Even got to see a moose :smiley:

I had a great time! Such a perfect experience and it was much needed! I didn’t want to leave but I’m happy to be back home with my family :slight_smile:

1 Like

I loved the hiking the most! Overnight was pretty scary out in the middle of the bush, but I kept very busy during the day! One morning I got up at 4, did a 1.5 km loop to the top of a canyon, and a 5 km hike around a hidden lake all before 9am! Such an awesome trip overall! Being outdoors and active is so important for my recovery, I’m sure others could agree with that too. Nothing like getting back to our roots!

1 Like

My happy place :heart:

2 Likes