Good morning only 2 days sober

Only 2 days sober from alcohol. I am a binge drinker. Just looking for advice and tips to just not evem pick that bottle up to give myself a chance to binge.

3 Likes

Good morning! I am day 9… a few days ago I made a post saying “only 5 days” as I was told… there is no only in the sobriety journey… 2 days or 200 days, you are doing it! Be proud… stay strong!

2 Likes

Well done you
Your doing great
You’ll get there

3 Likes

Thank you…

Good morning/afternoon!
I know it seems to you right now that staying sober is an impossible achievement but I promise you it is not. The first couple weeks are challenging but once you’re through that period it gets easier. I’m on day 137 and I never thought I could do it but feeling good beats feeling lousy 100% of the time. Stay busy, exercise, avoid strictly alcohol events but restaurants are ok. Try to find someone who appreciates what you are doing and touch base with them as often as possible. I text my sister an image or meme of my day’s number every day and she responds with the same number, different picture or meme.
Don’t let an outside influence push you back to drinking. It’s not worth it and wastes the only life you have to live.

2 Likes

I’m 2 days sober too. What helps me is remembering that everyone with 1 year or 5 or 10 years sober have started with just 2 days as well. Keep going we got this!

3 Likes

Here’s a reply I just posted to someone else 2 days sober
" I’m 13 days now. Literally every day has been getting better and better. Stay strong. You’ve made the best decision of your life. Never doubt or question that decision, you got it absolutely right. Well done for your 2days and well done for deciding to save your own life"
My best tips are

1. Read Alcohol Explained by William Porter (you can get audio version from audible)
  2. Go to as many aa meetings as you can. Listen, share if you feel OK to, engage, get phone numbers
    3 Get busy. Housework, exercise, new hobby, gardening, baking, YouTube rapping, movies…anything. Don’t leave yourself any free time.
    4 Be honest with yourself. Why are you stopping, how do you feel…
    5 Read Alcohol Explained 2
    6 stick to your decision to quit and never doubt or question it. You got it right.
    7 If you do ever wobble or get tempted, ask yourself one simple question… What will it add? Will it make a good situation better? Will it make a bad situation better. My years of frequent horrid experiences have shown for me, the answer is it adds nothing and makes nothing better.
    8 Stay here, keep reaching out, use your peers’ support and experience
    9 help others as soon as you feel you can, even in the very early days. I’m only 13 days and honestly it’s helping me to help you. I can reread my advice to you and then reapply it to my own situation
    10 Pray. Doesn’t matter if your not religious or don’t know who or what you’re praying to - I don’t, I could be praying to myself. But I’ve found over the past fortnight that getting on my knees, asking (out loud) for strength, asking for a sober day and then giving thanks for that strength and sobriety has felt extremely empowering.

Good luck, not that it’s down to luck- you’re a strong and massively capable human being. Alcohol is just a benign chemical ffs!

3 Likes