Got some good news!

So I got a job offer today! I’ve been out of work for some time, and the stress from it all has made sobriety harder, to say the least. I’ve messed up because I let the stress get the better of me. Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is now that I’ve found a job, hopefully a source of stress has now been alleviated. I still need to figure out good coping mechanisms, but knowing I’m gainfully employed again gives some ease.

30 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome @jasharlem!! So happy you are persevering :heart:

1 Like

May this blessing multiply to many areas of your life!

1 Like

Hey hey! @jasharlem, that’s great news. It’s a lot easier to deal with other issues when financial stress isn’t quite so bad. Congratulations and well done for keeping on!

2 Likes

Awesome!! Gratz.

Congratulations! How are things going with your husband?

Thanks everyone! I start Monday. I’m ready. Been out of work too long. Ready to start feeling like a productive person again!

Thanks. Hubby still same-o. He’s been working more to make up for me not working. He’s still using, but not in front of me (except one time). He and I have had more talks about him seeking sobriety too. He hasn’t said he’s gonna do it yet, but at least he’s communicating about it now. Hopefully that’s a step for him in the right direction

2 Likes

Yay! Very good news

It has been so hard! It put me in a low place and always in that “fuck it, I’ll just use” mindset. Such a battle. It will still be a battle, but at least some of the stress that out me in that mindset will be gone.

1 Like

Word. I’m glad that he’s not using in front of you. Hopefully your own sobriety will help him see the benefits. Way to go!

Great news, congratulations :confetti_ball:

Show him the way. Lead by example. You have TS, so you hold the flashlight.

The first rule of flashlights: In the dark, the person with the flashlight is automatically the leader, because they are the only one who can see the way.

4 Likes

Congratsss

Get that money honey

Congratulations for all the success! :slight_smile:

Yea girl, so happy! I know that’s been a huge hurdle for you and I’m glad you can put it behind you. Definately keep looking into some type of program, whatever that may be. For me, I had to have outside people help guide me in the beginning. I have trust issues but I pushed that aside because I needed all the help I could get. Stay strong girl!

1 Like

I love this.

1 Like