Grief (Dealing with loss of a friend)

I received devastating news yesterday evening. A dear friend I was living with in my recovery house was found in her hotel room. I was completely floored. I still don’t understand. She was a beautiful soul and great mother. I know now she was going through a lot more than what was on the surface. She was a fellow alcoholic and a great friend I had gained through recovery. She did not take her own life which is very scary and a great reason for me to not go out and use over this. I’m deeply saddened today and not coping well though. I just can’t believe she is really gone. I keep thinking about her poor children and it just breaks my heart…

6 Likes

That is heartbreaking, my condolences. I am glad u are not feeling like u will spin out and use. But I think u just have to sit with these very painful feelings and feel them, hard as it is.

1 Like

I am so sorry about your friend. It hurts so much to lose those we love. My condolences. :heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss and for her family’s loss.

1 Like

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. It is very heartbreaking and I’m so sorry for your loss. Glad you’re here and sharing with us.

1 Like