Grief grief grief

My dad died last week.
My mother died 8 months ago.
I was doing really well with sobriety but got way drunk last night.
Day one again.
One day at a time.
Life is throwing me curveballs at the moment and I am excited to feel normal again one day. This weight of grief is so hard.
My goal is 90 days, I know I can do it.

11 Likes

Sobriety is difficult. The best thing we can do to honor those who have passed on is to become better versions of ourselves. Drinking cannot return them to us. It will only delay the emotions we must confront. Sorry for your losses. Life is difficult.

6 Likes

I for one have only one day: today. May this one bring you peace in a difficult time. :heart:

1 Like

Grief was my ultimate reason to drink. Wish I had something brilliant to say to help console you other than grief sucks & I’m so so sorry for your losses. Going back to day 1 of sobriety is better than another day drunk. You can do it. One freaking day at a time :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Damn… ya know i feel you

My parents are alive but my dad man… i love that man.

I would like to try to explaine that even at lifes lowest toughest, emotionally financially anything… this stage will pass as long as you work to cope. Try to appreciate the little things. Even mourning can be necessary.

You are here communicating
God is really great
This journey… this life… was given with love. Pain hurts but doing the right thing feels wayyy better.

Communicate with trusted loved ones

Sorry to hear about your dad passing. My condolences. Grief is hard. You’ll get through this. Thanks for sharing.

I am so sorry for your losses. For your goal, I would recommend to just think of today. One day at the time. One step after the other. Take care of yourself.

Oh wow I’m so sorry for your loss, grief is really tough, I know this emotional well. Sending huge hugs.
Well done on checking back in day one, I’m really proud of you, you will not regret staying sober and focused while planning a great send of for your dad I promise you that. Xx

You are trying to change for the better and that is amazing in itself. One day at a time. Sometimes one hour, or minute, during those difficult moments that pass. Just remind yourself when that pain hits that it’s just momentarily and you will feel better again.
Be nice to yourself. Cook yourself a nice dinner and take up an activity you enjoy that distracts you like puzzling or working out or painting. :slight_smile:
You got this it you want it.

1 Like

Hey buddy…I’m sorry you’re going through this right now. You coming on here ready to start with a new day one shows the incredible fight for life inside you, even if inside it feels like there’s no fight left at all. I’m not sure if it helps, but i am here to listen if you’d like to message me. I lost my mother a month ago today. Staying sober through all of this has brought me face to face with feelings and thought patterns that part of me would just love to run away from. The ups and downs are profound…and change lightning fast. Anyhow, I’m sending you all the love I got from here in NJ and again…please feel free to reach out if you think it will help❤️

2 Likes

Lost my two brothers in 2017, 6 months apart sad times but i turned to my friends in AA for support got through it as ive done for decades to. grief isnt a excuse to drink

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find peace soon, and I hope you can reach your goal this time. Congratulations on day one! It’s the most important day of them all.