Gross...emotions

I am having a really hard day… I want so badly to relapse. It will be so easy. I know it won’t be what I need, it will not help me find resolution, will not satisfy my aching heart…
I have to process these strong emotions and difficult thoughts slowly, mindfully; and, it is really tough. What will make me feel like less shit in the long run?

4 Likes

Not relapsing. Going through those emotions, dealing with them sober will make you proud. Hard to see that now, but it will.

9 Likes

Victory. There is no substitute for victory. Each time you say “no” to that from which you are trying to break free, is a victory. Savor this for a moment, then square your shoulders and set your jaw for the next fight.

9 Likes

What wiiiilll make you feel better? Is it talking it out with someone? Is it watching a good movie? Is it journaling or reading a good book? Do what’s going to make you feel better!!! I personally like to bake/cook when I start to feel the urge. Sometimes, I just have a good cry with my pillow after a hard day. And that’s okay too. If you ever need to talk to someone, there’s always one of us available on the Zoom too. We can always fire a meeting up. We’re not professionals but an ear is always sometimes helpful :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry your feeling like that man !
For the long run keep doing exactly what your doing now because your doing a great Job it seems like you process these feelings and thats where you nip it at the butt sort of say and your doing that :pray: keep marching forward you got this !!

1 Like

In the long run? Not drinking!
Work through these emotions, learn to deal with them. It’s what we haven’t been doing.
That’s like giving up the first time it gets hard.
We don’t do that.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for your love and support!
I am still on track, by the by.

4 Likes

Praying for you right now buddy. Hang in there. @ICanAndWill

1 Like

Many thanks!

You got this!!! Dont give up! :slight_smile: sendings positive vibes your ways!!

@ICanAndWill I am feeling what u are today. I’m only 20 days sober, but today has been the biggest trigger for me so far & I am sure tomorrow won’t help either. This is my first day joining the forum, and honestly it is the best thing so far that I have ever done. Just being able to talk with other people who understand what I am going through has helped. I hope it can be a release for u as well. Sometimes just talking about how we are feeling & listening to others, can help. My anxiety about today wanting to drink has already dropped from a 9 to about a 4. I will pray for strength for you along ur journey. :heart: Stay strong

2 Likes

Working through the emotions is very difficult in the beginning but the more you do it, the easier it gets. Something us addicts haven’t done in long long time. You have to go through because you can’t go around. Don’t give in to the urges. They’re only thoughts and you don’t need to act on them.

3 Likes

You too! Gritting my teeth, clenching my fists, and holding my breath…then slowly relaxing and breathing helps.

2 Likes

There’s a phrase that’s thrown around a lot and that is, “No one ever wakes up regretting NOT using.”

10 Likes

I love this…never heard it before. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome!
This forum has done wonders for myself and many others here! I am on day 10 after being gone for 2 years and I have never felt so welcomed! Congratulations on your sobriety!

Love and light✌

2 Likes

I know I’m glad to see you again!

@ICanAndWill Dude, shit gets rough, real rough sometimes, but no matter what we DO NOT USE! It’s a new fact in your life, it’s a familiar fact in mine, but it IS a fact. In the first year I would sometimes pace up and down the stairs in my apartment building to help the emotions. Anything to get through that moment, hour, or day. And no matter what, I did not use. Same for you, brother.

@anon51903143 welcome to our crazy, overly large family. Glad you came to join us. :heart:

5 Likes

@Meggers Thank you

I am. How about yourself?

Stopping drinking is easy but staying sober is a bit harder new mind set is needed , have to work on your defence build a good defence and have a good ofence is important , when we start to get sober wee take all our emotions and defects with us into sobriety so mind set is important with exercise and trying new things to keep you safe on your journey and it is a journey you prob havnt been before new things to learn and old thing to avoid wish you well

2 Likes