Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Yeah, isolation is a red flag for me too, that’s when my sobriety is in danger. The “abnormality” of it is that I have this desire to be detached from my friend, and I know, that I could hurt her by expressing it, so I won’t of course, but it’s really disappointing to see that I could risk our friendship for no particular reason, it’s selfish without any benefit and it’s far from the concept of friendship.

1 Like

Well, good thing is that you identify the pattern. Then you might be able to fix it too by changing your behaviour?

1 Like

Yes, I try not to act on it and find a way to handle these destructive emotions.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at my timer in a few weeks, then just now …

:joy::sunglasses::+1::kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Wow Cate @C_8 :+1::star_struck:

1 Like

Also, might be worth finding out the root cause of your emotions? There’s always a reason behind our actions. Hope you’re doing ok non smoking :+1::muscle:

1 Like

It’s 9:30 am here and I have a day off work by now I used to be stoned already. Life is good :grin:

6 Likes

Yes, definitely. I’m working on it, doing therapy and feel a lot more balanced than at the beginning of my sobriety, my self-destructive urges are pretty much gone. There probably will some setbacks, but I hope they won’t come back with full power anymore. It’s day 10 for me today.

2 Likes

day 3 no cigarettes or nicotine at all, after smoking for about 7-8 years. i’m getting the urge pretty regularly but i just stop and think about it, and so far i’ve come out on top — just the thought of going to the store, buying the pack, opening it, lighting it, smoking and tasting it … right now it’s just so unappealing simply because with each step i would be denying my truth and honestly bringing shame upon myself. imagining those psychological consequences helps me stick with my decision, which is 100% guilt-free. still not an easy task though!! i really believe people who do the hard work to claim sobriety after years of addiction are some of the absolute strongest warrior-beings :muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

5 Likes

Sounds great as does the 10 days :blush:

2 Likes

Right! If it was easy everyone would do it.

4 Likes

Was part of this group and made it about 21 days, just now decided I need to stop again after 4 months. Any encouragement is appreciated

4 Likes

Had a nice ah ha moment yesterday when someone asked me to join them for a smoke. I quickly and simply said no. It felt nice when I realized something must be working.

4 Likes

Yass :facepunch: @I.cant.We.can

1 Like

4 Likes

Nailing it too Menno (with the assistance of Luna ofcourse) :clap:

1 Like

I’m a year today smoke free. Never thought I’d do but here I am :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Stunning job @Lucasarillious! Congrats for 1 year achievement :partying_face::clap::blush:

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like