Grumpy because of trying to quit smoking cigarettes

Completed day one. So many triggers are firing off and I’m just extremely grumpy. I’m so irritated, I just want to scream

10 Likes

The worst, nicotine gum here or there in the beginning

So 21 years ago I asked God to keep me smoke free and worked my AA program on it just like when I got sober years before that.
I was told do not go outside at a meeting stay inside and talk. Anything I did I had to change people places and things. Just like getting sober. I did smoke twice early on after an argument with spouse. I applied my AA program and called my sponsor and did the same things. I have not had the need to pick up a cigarette or other substance for over 21 years. Sober 25 years, by the grace of God.
Weening off did not make sense to me as the chemical is still in us. Any patch or nocatine would only start the craving. Cold turkey just like the drink or drug worked for me.

3 Likes

God could and would if He were sought.

2 Likes

Will do thank you

1 Like

Thank you for this

1 Like

Congratulations on day one. I also thought it was alot like any other addiction, if I smoked just one than it was a slippery slope to just smoking the whole pack and I would be back at it. Go for a walk in the evening or sometime during day to unwind. Have a buddy you can talk to during the time you are still craving. It helped me knowing that there are millions of others who have quit so I could do it too. I downloaded an app that helped me with quitting too. Good luck with your road to healthier lungs and better skin.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. I’m almost done with day 2 now. Still getting irritated but hanging in there. I know if I smoke one I will be back on it. So I’ll embrace the cold turkey

1 Like

That is a hard one. There’s a good thread about quitting nicotine products here:

Keep it up and don’t give up. :innocent:

3 Likes

Thank you Matt

2 Likes