Guided meditations - sleep and other

I am a huge fan of guided sleep meditations on YouTube. I enjoy listening to them as I drift off…they are usually very positive and healing.

I use headphones for the full experience and take them off after I invariably fall asleep during the meditation and wake up. Jason Stephenson is my favorite, his voice is very calming. I am also partial to Lauren Ostrowski Fenton.

Anyone else have recommendations for guided sleep meditations?

Here is one I enjoy:

18 Likes

I’ll have to check this out. I have sleep issues (improved when quit drinking) but still not great. I take something for sleep but I’d rather not. Thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of the “calm” app. There was a fee for the membership but it has been extremely worth it as I use the app almost every night. I listen to the sleep stories which have been amazing! My personal favourite is Alan Sklar- most of the stories he narrates are non-fiction and his voice is very soothing.

4 Likes

Thanks Buffy. I had the Calm app for awhile, but couldn’t find anything that I really enjoyed. I will give it another look at some point.

I’ve been using Simple Habit app to fall asleep each night. It also has guided meditation for first thing in the morning that I’ve found helpful in waking up. There’s a free version and a paid version. So far I’m doing fine with what they offer for free. It’s set up a little bit differently than Calm and I like it better. But that’s my personal opinion. I like that I can turn my phone screen off and the app will still play unlike YouTube where my screen has to stay on.

3 Likes

Just saying hi, hope you’re OK.

Howdy! As we say in Texas (sometimes) :joy: Doing OK. Another boring day at work. Thankful that my sleep does seem to be getting better. The app I’ve been using & my nightly cup of lavender/honey tea helps. You sleeping ok?

2 Likes

I use the free “insight timer” app for all kind of meditations. I like it! It got loads of meditations in all kind of languages, even Dutch!

4 Likes

His voice is soothing. Will try this tonight and let you know how it works for me :wink:

1 Like

yeah good the last 2 nights, its catch 22 want to chat or lurk on my phone but need to put it down earlier to sleep better, listened to thrash metal on my headphones last night, found it oddly soothing. :joy:

1 Like

Ooohhh…I’m going to have to check that out. I love FREE. It’s my favorite price. I’m sure I’ll get bored with the limitations on Simple Habit and they want $80 for a year access. :frowning:

2 Likes

I did this one for a month and loved it. It worked and I was surprised how I got different things from it each night.

6 Likes

Oh yes, that one is fantastic! I love winding down to his meditations.

Lauren is my favorite by far, I fall asleep every single night listening to one of hers, but I’ve reached the point where I’ve gone through all of them probably twice now!

1 Like

Me as well, she has some really good ones.

I’ve been using some from Calm and some from YouTube. I also find sleeping with an eye mask helps. I am still waking up at 4am then falling back asleep after about 15 min to a half hour… hope that goes away someday.

1 Like

What is it about 4 o’clock that’s so magical?? I’ve woken up at 4:15 almost every day this week for no apparent reason. Very annoying.

1 Like

I think of it as the time that food or a sleep aid has metabolized in my body, so a bit of a shift internally. Restart conscious breathing and hopefully fall back asleep.

2 Likes

@Sassyrocks very true. I take magnesium to help me sleep. I really have to breathe consciously or monkey mind takes over.

4 Likes

@cristelclear something with the moon? All I know is I am happy I am no longer waking up in a panic at that time wondering what I said or checking my FB to see what drunk post I made. Sobriety is stress relieving that way.

2 Likes