Guys I need you....for real! šŸ˜°

I have a hard time with the following through part too. If you believe in your ability to follow through, you might find some freedom from the self doubt that says you wonā€™t. And hour by hour is totally okay! Thatā€™s reality for lots of us at the beginning. I did that for sure.

How did your old technique work for you? Checking in sounds like a great idea, but Iā€™m wondering if youā€™re like me and lots of us who needed more than that to get some momentum going. I went to meetings and treatment at the beginning, along with being in touch with my doctor and therapist. I also came here and went to mental health related classes and groups in my community, which it sounds like you might be involved in as well. I donā€™t always like all the tools in my toolbox, but they all definitely help!

Anyways, we are rooting for you and your sobriety. Youā€™re here looking to change your life for the better and we want that same thing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since tou already have a therapist, have they mentioned EMDR? I have used CBT and DBT extensively but EMDR helped me get to the root causes of my issues and I have made great progress in getting to rhe underlying issues that were fueling my addiction.

2 Likes

It 1:45pmā€¦the temptation is real! God be my strength, be my righteousness, be my confidence. I cant do this alone! Not even almost.

1 Like

Glad to see you back Stacey.

1 Like

I find God in the hands and faces at an AA meeting. And maybe in nature and dreams. But I always, every single time, experience the presence and hear the voice and feel the embrace of God at an AA meeting. And I suspect God hangs out at NA and other 12 step meetings, too.

Just sayin.

5 Likes

I dont think God really ā€œhangs outā€ anywhere lol but i understand what ur getting at lol

I saw a NA tshirt that really puts things into perspective. It says ā€œAnother day won is better than another day oneā€.

11 Likes

Morning everybody! Hope u are all well! Grateful for a sober day! Day 2 is going to be fantastic! Hope u are all doing well and have an epic existence today :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Good morning team!!! Today is a beautiful day! So last night i came so so so close to smoking weed BUT by the grace of God it didnt happen. Im SUPER glad it didnt happen cause I would have been gutted! So yay onto day 3! Woop woop. I hope all of you are having a wonderful day! How is everyones recovery going today? :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Well done Stacey.

2 Likes

So you beat it. Nice one. Just keep doing what youā€™re doing. You will get stronger at it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing Stacey! Keep it up even if it is minute by minute or hour by hour. I was there where I had to take it minute by minute and I know the feeling is SO intense, but deep down inside of us we have a fire and the tenacity to get through it. I also prayed A LOT! I still do every single night. I am no means out of the woods as I know this is a life-long journey I am on to stay clean. I wish you all the best. And just remember, you ALWAYS have us here as your support team and we are all rooting for you!

2 Likes

Thank u everyine for your words of encouragement!!!

6 Likes

Na way is the best. Ask about it in your country take a sponsor he or she will guide you how understand yourself and your feeling

Day 1 starting again, DAMMIT! i think looking back it was boredom that got me to give in last night. And the problem i have is not that i have nothing to do, its that i wanna procrastinate and not do what i needa do. It is true though it gets harder to stay sober everytime i cave. Ay yai yai.

Morning everyone! I hope we are all having a fantastic sober day! Im gna be checking in so regularily! Hope everyone is amazing! X

5 Likes

And then I caved again! I know its nothing to be super proud about but i did only smoke one tin last night - instead of 3. I dont know if thats atleast something. So i needa aim for 0 today! Good luck everyone else! X

Remember your last stretch wasnt perfect either. It took a few failed attempts. Anything is better as long as your making progress of the end goalā€¦ Keep that spirit held highā€¦ You got thisā€¦

3 Likes

Hey @Swam how are things going? I hope you are okay?

1 Like

Hey everyone, just popping in for an update. I still havent successfully kicked the weed habit. Everything else has fallen away again, which is good, but im still struggling with weed. I hope everyone is doing good! Any reminder suggestions for strategies on either slowly dropping off or going cold turkey. Just anything, even just a hi, would be awesome. Have a great day soldiers! :blush:

1 Like