Guys I need you....for real! šŸ˜°

Way to go on keeping away from the other stuff! Iā€™ve had to really dig into the whys of my drug use (opiates) and try to face those truths head on. Maybe try to look at why you smoke. And HALT is a handy tool- are you hungry, angry, lonely, tired. Find something you enjoy and fill your time with that instead of weed? I donā€™t really have answers for you, just letting you know youā€™re not alone!

1 Like

Thank u so much for the kind words! And yeah i think i need a plan!

Thank u so much! I think the problem is i havent found something i like doing more than weed :confused:

You need to re-read this. I hear you saying you donā€™t want to quit, because itā€™s too much fun. With all due respect, I call bullshit. Read the whole post, from your original message, especially that one, and explain to yourself how itā€™s too much fun.

High is high, and drawing some magical line around weed is just fooling yourself. Maybe thatā€™s harsh, but this shit kills people. Both quickly and slowly. And it kills our souls first and we donā€™t even notice that.

6 Likes

Hard truth is. Drugs are fun. Thatā€™s kind of the point of them. But, that one fun thing destroys alllll the othe fun things. The laughter. The music of life. The mystery and wonder of living. My doc is opiates and Iā€™m learning how to live again without them. I was living my life on mute, seeing life in grays and didnā€™t even Know it. You donā€™t know your asleep until you wake up. I didnā€™t realize how much I was missing. Huge great things happened in my life and I slept walked through it all. And I regret it. Very much so. But all I can do about it is live life to the fullest right now. Today. Thereā€™s no reset button. We can only change who we are now to give us hope in the future. ā€œWe know what we are but know not what we may beā€ Shakespeare quote of the day!

1 Like

Stay strongā€¦youā€™ll get thereā€¦ We are all here to helpšŸ’•

Im going though the same thing i tey and i try to be sober but no matter how hard i try i always end up getting back in to drugs not even a week later my friends and i take the drugs together so often that we dont know what to do together without them but im just going to start off slow and with a lot of praying dont be too hard on ur self though because your being the best you there is yeah everyone slips some harder than others but the firsr step to recovery is acnoledging that u dont want drugs to be a oart of your life and trying to do somthing about it even though its hard to carry though just belive you will and you will get there

My reasons for doing drugs and alcohol were because I didnt like how I felt without them. There are reasons for feeling emotions like hopelessness and despair. I found that writing honestly about this stuff in a journal in a completely uncensored way helped to understand the root causes of these emotions. It made me understand that I was focused on wanting to die, and finally decide if thats really what I wanted.

Ive only been able to get my emotions to being manageable recently, and its not perfect. Doctor prescribed medications can help, and combined with healthy life habits, like excercise, a diet of healthy food, regular sleep patterns, all put together can improve a persons overall mood. I think if our general mood can improve it reduces the need to drink or abuse some substance. Having good people to be around and talk with makes an enormous difference as well.

No idea if that helps at all. My two bits :blush:

1 Like