Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥

3 months ago I could barely do 25lbs dumbbell press. Today I hit 50 lbs. I was so pumped.

16 Likes

Ran 8 miles before I play catch up at work.

My last long run before my half Ironman in 2 weeks. Praying to the triathlon gods that the weather stays similar… :star_struck: (high 50s - 60s in Florida rn)

17 Likes

Yay!! Good luck. I’m excited to hear about it! You will do amazing :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ll post a pic and give a recap once I recover mentally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Good luck!! I’ve only done a sprint triathlon and that was hard. Can’t wait to hear how your Ironman goes. I’m thinking of doing one next year.

1 Like

It’s not me :blush: it’s @fl_flower_grl doing the Ironman

Ha! Oops, this is what happens when I’m multitasking.

1 Like

Good luck to you. Trust your training, you’ll do great!

1 Like

That’s the best life lesson I’ve gotten from my triathlon training.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m looking at it like a big training day… where I swim a lot first, then ride long, then casually run a half marathon :rofl::rofl: ”OSAAT” (one sport at a time … the sober take on triathlon)

4 Likes

Hit some negatives today. Some days my goal is just to get out there lol My body is adjusting to breathing cold air. Still I’m refusing to let winter take my running!

9 Likes

Pushed my self for a quick 40 minute work out. :sleeping:

20 Likes

You are all killing it :100::boom::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Back lifting/running after my scheduled 10 days off. 7-months post surgery.

Post-surgery, these breaks actually help. Prior to surgery, I wouldn’t feel rejuvenated at all after a week off. Felt GREAT getting back in this week. It really is so encouraging to feel everything in my body working so much better after fighting my spine condition for 4 yrs. I managed for those 4 yrs, but now we’re making bonafide progress, sweet cheeks.

16 Likes

That is so awesome man, I’m truly happy for you. I know how demoralizing an injury can be when it keeps you from the gym so this is huge. Looking good!

4 Likes

Took a four day break over the holiday and got back into the gym tonight on chest/tris/shoulders. Happy to say it was a successful holiday weekend and good to be back lifting!

1 Like

No runs yet this week but has been a steady increase over the past 5 weeks. From 1 mile two days a week to 1-2 miles about 4 days a week. Still following a peloton program with walk+run intervals twice a week and throwing some fun run mile days in between. It has been feeling pretty dang good most days. The running is really making it feel like the strength is coming back faster and makes me feel a lot lighter and fluid in my strength training so I can hopefully start building up more weight there soon! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Very grateful for all of you that have shared your journeys of comeback from injury, surgery, or time off. :yellow_heart: :pray:t3:

11 Likes

500lb Farmers walk at the gym today, looking good while doing it :joy:

13 Likes

Day 699

11 Likes

Day 1134. Winter hat and a hoodie to keep my old joints warm. Shoulders/Tris today.

12 Likes